10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2019 2:16 PM by Kodie Hill

Searching for all tickets touched

Kodie Hill
      Share This:

In ITSM, I can search for 'Submitter*' = $USER$ where it pulls all tickets I have created, I would like to open this search up to any tickets that I have commented on; not just submitted myself.

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed admin access or shell access to the SQL console so any advice in the advanced search field will be helpful. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Searching for all tickets touched
          Mohammad Rehman

When you say search all the tickets you commented on mean you have created work log entry?

What you need is within Remedy user interface open the following form and search in submitter field your user id.

HPD:Search-Worklog

It will return all the incidents and work log entries you have created.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Searching for all tickets touched
            Kodie Hill

Hi, I'm not sure I understand.

I use  'Submitter*' = $USER$ and that gives me all tickets I have created.

However, I don't see a HPD:Search-Worklog when looking up fields in the advanced search Fields menu. Maybe I'm not understanding the syntax you're instructing because 'WorkLog'  'Submitter*' = $USER$ returns an unexpected character error.

• 3. Re: Searching for all tickets touched

Kodie

this is a form not a field which Mohammad Rehman is talking about unfortunately without admin permissions you will not see the form unless your admin has made it visible.  Your best bet is to create a report.  If you dont have smart reporting you can use Birt.  You can also try to go directly to the URL for the form as well.  Your access may be limited depending on the architecture .  The URL is like: http://YourRemedyEnv:8080/arsys/forms/yourserver/HPD%3ASearch-Worklog

after you connect to your remedy server look at the address and after “yourserver/” delete everything and put HPD%3ASearch-Worklog then press enter.  if it comes up then you can search it, if it doesn’t then you have no rights and need to speak with your admin.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Searching for all tickets touched
                T. D.

Kodie, I am not sure what version of ITSM you are using. However, these steps should help.

1.  Open Incident Management Console.

2.  From the Navigation Pane select Advanced Search.

3.  Select 'Search Incidents by Work Info'.

4.  From the Search Work Info form you can find Work Info entries that you submitted and what Incidents are associated to them. You can also create a Report from here.

Hope this helps.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Searching for all tickets touched
                  Kodie Hill

Thank you! That clarified what I wasn't finding.

Follow up to that, it does exactly as advertised and pulls all comments I've made. Are you, or anyone, aware of a way to deliminate duplicates from showing? So I can get a count of unique tickets I have added a worklog entry to? Thanks for being so awesome.

• 6. Re: Searching for all tickets touched
                    T. D.

What do you mean by 'duplicates'?

• 7. Re: Searching for all tickets touched
                      Kodie Hill

So the search that comes back returns (as advertised) all worklog entries that I've made. For me, that number comes back as 4363, however for INC000021039213, I put two worklog entries on that ticket. Is there a way to only return the one count for that?

I'm trying to find a way to explain what I'm asking haha. I want to search for all tickets I have a worklog entry, but on tickets that I have made more than one worklog entry I don't want to be shown those extra worklog entires if they are on they same tickets. I just want to be returned the count of unique tickets I have been put worklog comments on.

• 8. Re: Searching for all tickets touched

Kodie

the easiest is probably to export it to excel and do a pivot table;  the native remedy advanced query doesn’t have a Distinct function.  In remedy reports you can group by ticket, hide the details and just count the primary groups.  If you had dB access it would also be easy But that’s off the table too. 

• 9. Re: Searching for all tickets touched
                          T. D.

Kodie, the Work Info entries are a one to many relationship. For example, you have incident INC000000709909 and in that Incident there are 6 Work Info entries, there will be 6 records in the HPD:WorkLog table. You do not have access to this table, but you can do the advanced search > search incidents by Work Info that I mentioned earlier to see the Work Info entries associated to the incident (one to many relationship).

If you are looking for how many work info entries you have created then you can create a report (see screen shot below). You can also group your report by Incident ID. From within the Report click on the Sorting and Group tab and select Incident ID > Add and check off the Group box. This will group your Work Info entries by Incident ID. You can also dump your report to Excel and manipulate the data.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more information. Please elaborate on what you are trying to do.

• 10. Re: Searching for all tickets touched
                            Kodie Hill

Thank you all,

I forget we can export to excel. This gives me what I need! Thank you so much.