Are you wanting to assign the actual service request (REQ) or the subsequent fulfillment record (CRQ, INC, WO)? There is an assignee field on the Service Request form. How are you creating the service requests?
I want to assign the subsequent fulfilment (WO), I have three people in the same support group and they are all on the same department.
Each person is dealing with specific requests.
So I want each request to be assigned to a specific person.
Please use workorder templates on the AOT that creates the work order.
Can you give me the exact steps and how to assign it to a specific person
Majd Alsadi are you looking to hardcode the assignment or dynamically assign? I don’t know what version you are on, but the instructions are the same from 8.1 To current.
So let’s say you have a request where someone can select ProductA or ProductB. Each product goes to a different support group and/or person.
- create a work order template WOtemplateProdA for ProductA and another template WOtemplateProdB for productB Creating work order templates - Documentation for BMC Service Request Management 8.1 - BMC Documentation
- create your two AOTs each template Defining application object templates - Documentation for BMC Service Request Management 8.1 - BMC Documentation you want to select type of Template and then select your WOTemplate for each AOT.
- add your target fields as you would for any AOT
- open your SRD and take it offline
- for Product field make sure you know and jot down the exact value for ProductA, ProductB, if they are long and verbose you can create a conditional question and put your own hidden field with a value in it for each.
- in your PDT you will now you want to create a condition (the diamond) and put the conditional value equal to ProductA Creating a standard PDT - Documentation for BMC Service Request Management 9.1 - BMC Documentation
- then under the condition you want to drag your AOT for ProductA there.
- if the condition fails, you want another condition and put that condition equal to ProductB
- under that second condition you want to drag your AOT for ProductB there
- if it falls through both conditions the you’ll have a final default AOT that will still create the WO but just not assign it.
- save the PDT after you map all the variables to the target data as usual. Note you need to pass the variables tbrought to each AOT.
- now remove the Process from the SRD and attach the updated one. Adding a standard process template to an SRD - Documentation for BMC Service Request Management 8.1 - BMC Documentation
- open the SRD questions, map the SRD fields to the variables (assuming youve already mapped the questions to the SRD Fields)
- save and put the srd back online
- test the three options ProductA,ProductB and other.
If you are looking for something more dynamic, then review auto assignments.
Thank you very much...