3 of 3 people found this helpful
There is a simpler way to build a cross-tab report for incident counts. Try the following
1) You got the first part right. - "Resolved Time in Days"
2) Create a new Calculated Field with name "Resolved Age Bucket" with following Calculations
- CASE WHEN "Resolved Time in Days" <= 1 THEN "1 Days"
WHEN "Resolved Time in Days" >= 2 AND "Resolved Time in Days" < 3 THEN "2 Days"
WHEN "Resolved Time in Days" >= 3 THEN "More than 3 Days"
3) Rather than putting this filed in Columns section, drag this age bucket field to Rows section of report builder
4) Drag and Drop Incident Number Field to Column Section and use drop down to select Aggregation as count distinct.
5) Add another dimension field in Columns against which you need to build cross-tab. e.g. "Priority"
6) Play around with Rows and Columns to get your desired report just make sure you add at least one metric field in either of them to build cross tab.
The details of your instructions were very helpful and I was able to correct the syntax error condition to move forward on the custom report.
I have the table and Pie Chart looking good and valid with the right aggregated counts in the columns, rows, column totals and row sub totals, while splitting up the report in sections for the Assigned Support Group.
Since this is my first complex report with Cross Tables, Charts and multiple Dimensions with Calculated fields, as well as the aggregations, do we have any detail documentation to show how we can change the colors on the Pie Chart based on the Resolved Age Buckets; remove the field name from the column and row headings; custom the naming of the columns for the values pulled from the data, such as naming column "User Service Restoration" to just say "Restoration"; and updating the report Title and Description?
I tried to update the Title and Description for the report through the Report edit option, and the changes stay on the Edit window, but they don't update in the file folder where the Report is displaying. Is this a defect with version 9.1.03?
Thank you for all the assistance.