1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 20, 2019 12:44 AM by Marie Johnson

BCM CMDB Integration 1.7.00 installation Error

David Vacas

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to do an integration between BCM and the Remedy Atrium CMDB. For that I'm installing the "BCM CMDB Integration 1.7.00" package, that its supposed to create all the jobs and structures on Atrium to enable the integration.

Anyway, I'm getting this error during the installation:

The server has one license installed, its a trial one, as we are creating the development enviromet while we wait for the final license, but it should work anyways ¿right?

Also (don't sure if related) in the previous installation step:

The "server name alias" combo is not filled automatically with any value (I think that it should) and I've to fill it manually (you can't continue the installation with that field blank)

¿Any one has some clue about how to solve the error?

Thanks!

Kind regards.

• 1. Re: BCM CMDB Integration 1.7.00 installation Error
          Marie Johnson

so David, you are not telling us the things that would help us make sense of this.  There are only a few reasons it isn't finding a license which is the port is wrong or not open between servers, the name if the ARServer is wrong or not up, the login is wrong or doesn't have access.

So the easiest thing is to tell you what you need:

The user for demos is typically "Demo" with no password and this has FULL Admin Access; HOWEVER we typically create a Service Account for integrations like "BCMAutomation" and password of "password" to do this (you can set up any password you want) and this ID is a Fixed license.

First validate your ARServer is up and you can login with the ID above

go to the ARServer install dir find the config file for ar, it will be here

UNIX — ARSystemServerInstallDir/conf/ar.conf

Windows — ARSystemServerInstallDir\Conf\ar.cfg

Open the file and find:

Server-Connect-Name  --- this will be the NAME you'll use during your BCM setup

TCD-Specific-Port  --  this will be the TCP Port you'll use during your BCM setup

User Roles: User roles and features - Documentation for BMC Atrium Core 9.1.04 - BMC Documentation

Run the install again.