3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2019 4:12 AM by Majd Alsadi

Integration with SQL for assets

Majd Alsadi
      Share This:

Hello all,

In our project, we have a view form from SQL show the assets for each users  and if he deserve to request this asset or not.

How i can link these information with remedy to allow or prevent the users to submit a service request from the service catalogue (Request Availability) or hide the request from the entitlement  if the user does not deserve.

Any suggestions please??

Thank you very much...

• 1. Re: Integration with SQL for assets
          Majd Alsadi

Anyone suggestions please??

• 2. Re: Integration with SQL for assets
            Sharvan Singh

I will begin and let experts add on..

an approach for this requirement is totally depends upon how your data is organised as when you say "In our project, we have a view form from SQL show the assets for each users  and if he deserve to request this asset or not. How i can link these information with remedy to allow or prevent the users to submit a service request from the service catalogue (Request Availability) or hide the request from the entitlement  if the user does not deserve."  do you have a particular field holding a specific value which indicates these users can access SRD 1 and accordingly you have values for others SRDs in this field ???

2nd question is are you using OOB or AIF??

Now coming to a solution, I doubt that you would be able to directly use that information for entitlements as entitlement rules are on company,ar user, location, entitlement group(where we manually add user but i think we can do this through workflows as well(need to check workflow part)).

What you can definitely do in case of AIF is write one active link on your AIF on window open execution option and use a set field action to check against your view form whether logged in user ($USER$) can access that SRD and set some value in a temp field and then your second active link on window open will validate the value in temp field and show a message to user if he is not allowed to access that SR followed by a close window action.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Integration with SQL for assets
              Majd Alsadi

do you have a particular field holding a specific value which indicates these users can access SRD 1 and accordingly you have values for others SRDs in this field ???

Yes, i have fields for each user that contain numbers that shows how many device can the user requests (Ex: computer).

Our question is which form of the entitlement should be used to integrate these information with.

Thank you.