how do you identify which asset belongs to which user or rather i would ask where do you have that information which asset belongs to which user
I think we can link it if we have the last user login to that PC ?!
Anyone suggestions please??
We take the primary pc assignments from SCCM, where the software assigned to the user is installed. The last user login was not so suitable, it could be another pc without the assigned user software.
If you have user reference (name, loginname, email etc) in discovered assets then you can lookup into CTM:People form to get the user details and then create entries in AST:AssetPeople form with following details:
- AssetInstanceId: Reconciliation ID of the Asset
- PersonRole: 6000 (Used by) OR 8000 (Owned by) OR 10000 (Supporte by)
- Asset ID+: Name of Asset
- PeopleGroup Form Entry ID: Person ID of User (From People form)
- AssetClassId: Class of Asset (e.g: BMC_COMPUTERSYSTEM)
- Request_Type: People
- Form Type: People
- Full Name: Full Name of User (From People form)
It will related relate user with Assets. (Please note CIs must be reconciled before you create this relationship.)
as you said : If you have user reference (name, loginname, email etc) in discovered assets
do you mean that the assets discovered by BMC ADDM have user reference like name , login name , email etc)
or you mean the users information in people form??
Can you explain more please