4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2018 3:23 AM by Ana Lorite

How to dismiss NoAccess discovery access related to a successful updated device

Ana Lorite
      Share This:

Hi all,

I have this query that obtains all the No Access results in a week for the Network Devices.

###NoAccess

search DiscoveryAccess

where starttime > currentTime() - 7 * 24 * 60 * 60 * 10000000

and result = 'NoAccess'

and nodecount(traverse DiscoveryAccess:DiscoveryAccessResult:DiscoveryResult:DeviceInfo where kind = 'NetworkDevice')

order by #DiscoveryAccess:DiscoveryAccessResult:DiscoveryResult:DeviceInfo.device_type

show

result as 'Result',

#DiscoveryAccess:DiscoveryAccessResult:DiscoveryResult:DeviceInfo.hostname as 'Name',

endpoint as 'Endpoint',

#DiscoveryAccess:DiscoveryAccessResult:DiscoveryResult:DeviceInfo.device_type as 'Device Type',

device_summary as 'Device Summary',

#Member:List:List:DiscoveryRun.label as 'Label'

But we've detected that some of the IPs of these NoAccess belongs to a device who was succesfully discovered through another IP in the same Discovery Run.

I mean, I don't want my query obtains these NoAccess:

Discovery knows that because of all this NoAccess DiscoveryAccess has this information, UI only:

So, if I could get this inferred entity (i don't now how) and check the date of the last update success, maybe I could dismiss that NoAccess Discovery Access that actually aren't an issue.

Thank you in advance. I really appreciate any clue about this.

Have a nice weekend.

Ana.

• 1. Re: How to dismiss NoAccess discovery access related to a successful updated device
          Eric Plunk

Hello Ana.

I'm not sure I have a correct answer for you.  Many of the IP Addresses end with .1 (like 10.10.192.1).  In our company the first address in a range is for the gateway device.  First possibility is the gateways were changed by the network team.  Second possibility is a time out issue, and the discovery finally succeeded.  In both situations, my suggestion is to talk with your network team and ask if they can explain.

• 2. Re: How to dismiss NoAccess discovery access related to a successful updated device
            Andrew Waters

Does this do what you want?

SEARCH DiscoveryAccess

WHERE starttime > currentTime() - 7 * 24 * 60 * 60 * 10000000

AND result = 'NoAccess'

AND NODECOUNT(TRAVERSE DiscoveryAccess:DiscoveryAccessResult:DiscoveryResult:DeviceInfo WHERE kind = 'NetworkDevice')

AND NODECOUNT(TRAVERSE FLAGS(include_destroyed) DiscoveryAccess:AccessFailure:InferredElement:) = 0

ORDER BY #DiscoveryAccess:DiscoveryAccessResult:DiscoveryResult:DeviceInfo.device_type

SHOW

result as 'Result',

#DiscoveryAccess:DiscoveryAccessResult:DiscoveryResult:DeviceInfo.hostname as 'Name',

endpoint as 'Endpoint',

#DiscoveryAccess:DiscoveryAccessResult:DiscoveryResult:DeviceInfo.device_type as 'Device Type',

#Member:List:List:DiscoveryRun.label as 'Label'

• 3. Re: How to dismiss NoAccess discovery access related to a successful updated device
              Ana Lorite

Hi Eric Plunk,

Thanks for anwser.

My question is not about the reason of these NoAccess. My question is about a report that helps network team and i need the information about NoAccess devices isn't wrong.

Thanks anyway for your help!

Ana.

• 4. Re: How to dismiss NoAccess discovery access related to a successful updated device
                Ana Lorite

Hi Andrew Waters,

Thanks for your help.

If I run your query, I find the 'NoAccess''s discovery access with an infered entity. It means, 'NoAccess' from devices that finally were sucessfully discovered, right? And precisely I would like to avoid those cases:

But if I run this query I found 2 items and it looks good. What do you think, Andrew Waters?

search DiscoveryAccess

where starttime > currentTime() - 7 * 24 * 60 * 60 * 10000000

AND result = 'NoAccess'

AND NODECOUNT(traverse DiscoveryAccess:DiscoveryAccessResult:DiscoveryResult:DeviceInfo where kind = 'NetworkDevice')

AND NODECOUNT(TRAVERSE FLAGS(include_destroyed) DiscoveryAccess:AccessFailure:InferredElement:) = 0

order by #DiscoveryAccess:DiscoveryAccessResult:DiscoveryResult:DeviceInfo.device_type

show

result as 'Result',

endpoint as 'Endpoint',

#Member:List:List:DiscoveryRun.label as 'Label',

#DiscoveryAccess:AccessFailure:InferredElement:.name  as 'Probable NetworkDevice corresponding to a failed access',

NODECOUNT(TRAVERSE FLAGS(include_destroyed) DiscoveryAccess:AccessFailure:InferredElement:)  as 'Number of Inferred Entity'

Thanks a million!!!