1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2018 11:59 PM by Ashutosh Dubey

How to rename unconfigureAction (not Template) in existing Containers and Blueprints?

Thomas Stiefel

We have a complex setup for Network Containers (NC) in a complex environment. Many customers are running on many different VMware clusters. Each cluster has its own vSphere Distributed Switch (vDS), most VLANs are spread over multiple dvSwitches and every VLAN should only be propagated on that vDS (cluster) on which are VMs running using this VLAN.

I hope you understand this so far. We use only one VLAN in every NC and to decide per NC/VLAN on which vDS a port group is created for this VLAN we use runtime parameters (equal to switch name) in NC on CLM. When we change that runtime parameter from false (default) to true, then BNA creates port group on that vDS due to a condition in configureAction.

This works fine on our test environment where I can create and remove port groups on every vDS due so setting of runtime parameter.

While creating Blueprint templates for production we had an error in reasoning for Naming of unconfigureAction, because we use same Unconfigure Template in all containers we named it Default_VDS_NAT in all Blueprints for all switches/nodes contained in a blueprint. It worked all fine in production until someone created a port group on a wrong vDS by mistake. After he turned back runtime parameter in CLM from true to false nothing happend.

My researches led to conclusion that Name of Configure Action and Unconfigure Action must be the same as name of runtime parameter (= vDS) to make it work - like it is in DEV. So, in production CLM/BNA is searching for a an Unconfigure Action named equal to runtime parameter and could not find one. Hence it does not generate an Unconfigure Job.

So, now I tried to correct this with a new Blueprint revision where I changed the name of the Unconfigure Action, but this did not work and produced following error:

Error occurred while reprovisioning the network container: Dedicated-SAB-743@xxx.yyy.zz Error: MissingEntityInBlueprintException: Component instance Unconfigure actionInfo[name=Default_VDS_NAT] in containerNode[name=vDS_sabvi01m] is missing in blueprint used to reprovision container.

The error message makes sense in one way, but it´s just a name and should be changeable. Is there any other way to change the name of Unconfigure Action which is display in Unconfigure Action Infos? Maybe some undocumented command or editing the name in database directly?

================================================

Additonal information where you cann see what I changed in new Blueprint revision.

Old Blueprint revision:

<unconfigureActionInfoBlueprints>
      <unconfigureActionInfoBlueprint xsi:type="mergeActionInfoBlueprint">
      <name>Default_VDS_NAT</name>
      <linkId>0</linkId>
      <templateGroups>
      <item>vDS_NAT_UnconfigureAccess</item>
      </templateGroups>
      </unconfigureActionInfoBlueprint>
      </unconfigureActionInfoBlueprints>