2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2018 1:32 PM by Ken Soszka

Directory Importer "Delete Technicians and Requestors that are not found in Active Directory" in Track-It! 2018

Ken Soszka

Hi, for Track-It! 2018 Directory Importer, on the Selection and Licensing configuration page, does "Delete Technicians and Requestors that are not found in Active Directory" literally mean not found in Active Directory at all, as in deleted from AD? I was hoping that it meant not found only in the Directory Group that Track-It! is importing from, but it doesn't seem that way.

That might be a good idea for a future release, if possible. This would allow for easier management of users in many situations. I'm working with a university who has dorm students using Track-It! to submit tickets for the Facilities staff. There are hundreds of users, and they change from semester to semester. Once they are done attending the school, they stay in AD as Alumni for years, so they are not deleted, but they need to removed as Track-It! users. The hope was to have an AD group for active dorm students, and simply moving them out of that group when they leave the dorm would disable them in Track-It! and free up their license.

If anyone has any ideas on how to manage that, I'm all ears! Thank you.