2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2018 11:42 AM by Andrew Waters

ADDM to CMDB mapping

Suraj Nair

Hi everyone,

We have ADDM 11.3 on our environment.

We are doing some mapping of value from ADDM i.e we have created the customized Pattern Module(CMDB.Extension.ComputerSystem_Augment) in ADDM which will allow us to send value/fields of server into CMDB specific tabs.

Below are some fields in CMDB to which we have to send the data from ADDM.

I have mention the value for OS and IsVirtual for your reference, that is the correct value which are getting into CMDB through ADDM

computersystem.OperatingSystem:= os_name;

computersystem.DB_ID:= ?

computersystem.DBVersion:= ?

computersystem.DBProductionName:= ?

computersystem.AllottedStorage_inGB:=?

computersystem.StorageUtilized_inGB:= ?

computersystem.isVirtual:=cdm_virtual;

computersystem.Cluster:= ?

computersystem.SID:= ?

computersystem.IPAddress1:= ?

computersystem.IPAddress2:= ?

I need the exact value according to name define on left hand side from ADDM, as i have got 2 name(i.e os_name and cdm_virtual)

• 1. Re: ADDM to CMDB mapping
          Brian Morris

What you want to do is have the Database name (not the label) of the field in the CMDB and then map some value from the object in Discovery that you're trying to send over.  The Taxonomy defines what these fields and objects are called.

To find this, in your appliance, go to Administration -> View Taxonomy

Then search for the thing you're trying to synchronize. You may need to write a couple of sync patterns or use traversals since you're trying to access values from a few different object types in BMC Discovery. There are example patterns here https://communities.bmc.com/community/bmcdn/discovery/pages/patterns

Lisa Keeler and Eric Plunk have written some nice samples with great explainations.

• 2. Re: ADDM to CMDB mapping
            Andrew Waters

Starting from the taxonomy is the wrong place.

What are you trying to represent? For example the current mappings use BMC_IPEndpoint to represent IP addresses. If you really want to add IPAddress to BMC_ComputerSystem how are you going to pick which IPs if there are more than two?

2 of 2 people found this helpful