4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2018 8:55 AM by Betty Neumann

Does anybody know how to change the pronto.log location in BPPM

Rich Bone

At some point in the past, somebody has managed to change the name of the pronto.log file to be the storm_hostname.log file and it's causing problems with the dbarchive jobs.  It seems that the jobs are not using the full filename somewhere so I end up with a blank database backup and a copy of the transaction log.

To further compound matters, the security hardening that was done on the server removed sp_configure.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

Rich

• 1. Re: Does anybody know how to change the pronto.log location in BPPM
          Betty Neumann

Hi Rich,

Can you clarify which logs? I do not see a pronto.log under the BPPM directory structure, can you confirm which BPPM version you are using? The storm_hostname.log is the default name for the database log for BPPM. Can you provide more specifics regarding the files and the changes?

• 2. Re: Does anybody know how to change the pronto.log location in BPPM
            Andy Scholebo

Rich,

So, you're saying that pronto.log which is located in the sybase subdirectory (e.g. /usr/pw/sybase) has been renamed to storm_hostname.log?

Just want to clarify the above, since there is a legitimately named storm_hostname.log file located in /usr/pw/asatmp.

If the first sentence is true, you might start the investigation by looking in /usr/pw/pronto/bin/pw.pl

These lines look like they are involved

$pos=index($temp,'pronto',0);

$key='.log';

$pos1=index($temp,$key,0);

(line 5175 for my installation)

I'd also like to know:

1) OS

2) TSIM version (pw viewhistory)

Andy

• 3. Re: Does anybody know how to change the pronto.log location in BPPM
              Rich Bone

Apologies for the delay, and the lack of info in the original post.

BPPM 9.6 on Windows 2008.

Both systems have 'pronto' in the pw.pl file.

Working system has:

<BPPM_HOME>/pw/sybase/storm_<hostname>.db

<BPPM_HOME>/pw/sybase/pronto.log

<BPPM_HOME>/pw/dbarchive/storm_<hostname>.db

<BPPM_HOME>/pw/dbarchive/pronto.log

Non-working system has:

<BPPM_HOME>/pw/sybase/storm_<hostname>.db

<BPPM_HOME>/pw/sybase/storm_<hostname>.log

<BPPM_HOME>/pw/dbarchive/storm_<hostname>.db

<BPPM_HOME>/pw/dbarchive/storm_<hostname>.log

It's a weird one.

Rich

• 4. Re: Does anybody know how to change the pronto.log location in BPPM
                Betty Neumann

Hi Rich,

I spoke to one our DBAs regarding this issue - are the file sizes 0, or blank files? There is a way to customize the file name in Sybase, but it should not affect the dbarchive. We would recommend opening a Support ticket to work with us directory to attempt to rename the files and check on the archive failure.

Thanks

Betty