Few questions -
1) What is the "Max Entries Returned By GetList" set on Smart Reporting AR server ?
2) Is RLS disabled on Smart Reporting AR Server ?
3) How many rows have been fetched by the Report ?
4) Are we using filters in the Report ?
1) I‘ve set it to 0 at Ar system configuration, because I don't want a limit on counts. However, I think I have read that this limitation may not play a role in Smart Reporting. What exactly is the interaction like here?
2) Is about the same speed with and without new RLS
3) About 76k
4) I think it's about the OOB Dashboard and the slider function there. We haven't adapted anything to the OOB reports and this dashboard.
BTW Is there any way to use the standard cache capabilities of yellowfin? View or report caching with in memorial or similar. Currently it looks like every view and report is reloaded at every call.
Thanks for your support
It looks like BMC has bypassed all cache capabilities of yellowfin. A view can only be cached in another data source. BMC does not allow this. A report can only be cached if the view is cached. A no-win situation.
Do you have any specific ideas?
Hi Asif Bhat,
It definitely has something to do with the right fields. In our case field 112.
I wonder that others seem to have no performance problems.
The incident dashboard takes between 60 and 90 seconds with us, with each call!
I think 100 support groups, about 500 support staff and some module permissions are a rather small size and many will have more than 76k incidents. Do you all work with unrestricted access?
3 of 3 people found this helpful
The AR platform version 1908 brings the overdue and long-awaited improvement. The difference are the new S-tables (secure tables) for RLS, which can be activated for each form. In advance, this is already possible with version 1902 and a tool from BMC.
The loading time for the OOB Incident dashboard is now about 12-15 seconds. Still not fast, but much better than timeouts
can you tell me where i can get this tool for 19.02?
We would really need this for our performance.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
we got it from the BMC support, unfortunately I don't know another source.
Ask for the "RLS Utility" and refer to our Case 00631616 "AR server Performance Issue".
This should help good luck