2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2018 7:59 AM by Mitchell Koffman

Workflow Action Question

Mitchell Koffman

I have a scenario where once an incident is created, if needed, IT Staff will take two other actions (with two custom fields). If those actions are taken, I want an email to be sent to the client. In setting up a workflow rule, I am able to get it to work when I select created, and every time its edited, but then the client will eventually get a flood of the same email, every time the incident is updated.

What would be the best way to possibly use the created, and any time it's edited to subsequently meet criteria? Would it make sense to create a hidden formula field that becomes true after both are selected and then only have this rule fire off if that hidden field is false?

• 1. Re: Workflow Action Question
          Daniel Lau

Do your action means Actions in RF? (RF Admin->Config App->Actions)

If that is the case, you can fire the email when a new action when a specified action new created.

Create a workflow rules with proper workflow actions for Incident History object:

BMCServiceDesk__actionId__c = "Name of action"

• 2. Re: Workflow Action Question
            Mitchell Koffman

Daniel, I found a way to get this done without making it too complex. I have one workflow to send an email if two fields are selected and then I created a second workflow that clears one of the two required fields. It's not pretty, but it will get the job done.

1 of 1 people found this helpful