3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2018 8:43 AM by Cris Coffey

Required Fields in Self Service Track-It! 2018

Ken Soszka
      Share This:

Hi, I don't seem to see a way to make a field "required" on the the Self Service page in Track-It! 2018 R3. Is it possible? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Required Fields in Self Service Track-It! 2018
          Ken Soszka

Also, I can't seem to change the Label Text for the Fields on Self Service. Can that be done?

Thanks again.

• 2. Re: Required Fields in Self Service Track-It! 2018
            Russ Jones

Sit down for this one, but changing the Label Text is accomplished under Language Translation.

Self Service - Self Service Languages - Language Translation - then click on the System Labels tab.

Two tidbits - once you modify a text string, there is no way to know (remember) which one you altered.  In my case, I wish I had kept the original, or a subset of the orig included for the ease of mapping custom fields to the newly named label.

Second, you can only have one label, so if you use Custom Text 1 for different content on different forms in the Technician module, they will appear in Self Service with whatever name you applied in the Systems Label.  It is not dynamic, but still nice to be able to customize.

Russ

• 3. Re: Required Fields in Self Service Track-It! 2018
              Cris Coffey

Helpful hint for this process. If you create a new language like “English – Custom” and copy English to start as the base, then you can modify anything you want but still have the existing English translation to go back to if you need.

1 of 1 people found this helpful