4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2019 4:31 PM by Allison Fast

System Admin uses a named license?

Allison Fast
      Share:|

We just purchased the Track-It 2018 base package and 2 named tech licenses. It appears that the System Admin is using a named license. There are 3 of us in my small facility who will be using the system concurrently most of the time. I've reached out to my salesperson but haven't gotten a response yet. I also opened a case and the solution suggested was to buy another named license. Does anyone know how this works?

Thanks,

Allison Fast

• 1. Re: System Admin uses a named license?
          Cris Coffey

You can rename the account if you want to use that as one of your users.

• 2. Re: System Admin uses a named license?
            Allison Fast

Hi Chris,

I see by your contact info that you are a lead project manager for Track-It. I would like to discuss this further with you or someone on the tech side. I don't want to rename my System Administrator account (though the Login name can't be changed) as I don't want tickets associated with the system admin account. It doesn't make sense to me that if the System Administrator account is required that it take up my named license. That should be part of the system configuration. I plan for each of the 3 of us using the system, as named users, to be in the System Administrator group as all of us will need to be able to manage our configurations. How does the System Administrator account differ from the System Administrator group?

Thanks for your help with this issue. Can you continue on with this discussion or should I talk to someone else in system support, or my salesperson?

Allison

• 3. Re: System Admin uses a named license?
              Cris Coffey

Hi Allison, that account isn’t required. It is required for the very first login but after that you can change it. You can remove the “Use Named License” check mark, you can change the First and Last Name so that someone can use the account, you can create another Administrator and delete that account, however you wish to proceed. Whatever you decide to do, just be careful when removing Admins because you can lock yourself out of the Admin function. As for further assistance, support would be the best place to go if you need more help.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: System Admin uses a named license?
                Allison Fast

I wanted to provide an update and also mark this discussion as solved. I removed System Admin as a named license and each of our 3 technicians have the system admin permissions. We've been using TI exclusively for our Help Desk since mid-December and it seems to be working out. I appreciate you taking the time to respond with your suggestions.

Thanks,

Allison