Hello all, some customers have already asked for this (raised cases, brought this topic on the phone) as this already exists in SRM/ITSM side and people still is using it. So I believe, DWP should also have this for several reasons:
2) Consistent User Experience
Hope this helps,
1 of 1 people found this helpful
please excuse the long time.
I absolutely agree, it's one of the most missing features at the BMC product changeover. We cannot offer our customers three different GUIs to do their work (DWP, SmartIT AND Midtier with two different form types (best practice and Classic)).
To finally get a consistent user interface again, BMC shouldn't always just implement a few aspects and keep the rest to itself. I see this console in DWP and not in SmartIT.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
The SRM Business Manager console has traditionally been used to perform the following actions:
- Get insight into the list of service requests submitted for company, organization or department, incl. some statistics.
- View details of specific service requests
- Take action on specific service requests - e.g. cancel request or add work info
- Launch into reporting
All of that is possible with the Smart IT UI - in a modern and powerful way, with even more filtering capabilities.
A quick clarification about use of the Business Manager console:
- Accessing the Business Manager console requires specific user permissions ("Business Manager"). See Note at Using the Business Manager Console - Documentation for BMC Service Request Management 19.02
- Accessing the Business Manager console requires a proper Remedy user license. Yes, like work order application, we don't have a specific application-level user license type for the Business Manager console. But a user license (e.g. BMC Service Management Specialist or BMC Service Desk) is needed nevertheless.
So, if a new user experience is desired for a Business Manager to active manage service requests in SRM, my recommendation is to handle this via Smart IT console. Of course the existing Business Manager console is still around.