6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2018 3:56 AM by PAWAN KAUSHIK

AR ERROR 9388 authentication failed

PAWAN KAUSHIK

Hi All,

This is a bit critical, we are working with remedy 8.1.01 and we do have AREA LDAP authentication, it was working properly but all of sudden it stopped working. many of the users are getting the authentication failed arerr9388 issue.

I do have set a manual password for my profile other than AD and it is also not validating by ARS. Could you please suggest me what could be the issue and how can i resolve the same.

ITSD is able to login on their system with the username and password who are facing issues on their machines. I don't know  what is making the difference between ITSD systems and other users machine.

in mid tier configuration page in log setting i had seen this error:

3 Nov, 2018 6:58:07 PM - SEVERE (com.remedy.log.SERVLET) : GoatException during NDXRequest:= > ARERR [8922] The authentication service is not responding. Cannot connect to the system at this time. Contact your AR System Administrator for assistance.

at com.remedy.arsys.backchannel.TableEntryListBase.doQuery(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.backchannel.TableEntryListBase.getAndEmitTable(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.backchannel.GetTableEntryListAgent.process(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.backchannel.NDXRequest.processRequest(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.backchannel.NDXRequest.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.backchannel.EntryListBase.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.backchannel.TableEntryListBase.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.backchannel.NDXGetTableEntryList.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.backchannel.GetTableEntryListAgent.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.backchannel.NDXFactory.handleRequest(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.BackchannelServlet.doRequest(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.GoatServlet.postInternal(Unknown Source)

at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.GoatHttpServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:646)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)

at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:950)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)

at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:193)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:314)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: ERROR (8922): The authentication service is not responding. Cannot connect to the system at this time. Contact your AR System Administrator for assistance.;