1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2018 10:56 AM by Thomas Stiefel

When editing a Network Container it results in "Edit Logical Data Center" which fails

Thomas Stiefel
      Share:|

Hello all,

we have have a curious issue which happens from time to time and sometimes it goes away on 2nd or 2rd try, but sometimes it stays.

In Resource management of CLM Admin Console I go to Network Containers choose a Network Container from the list and hit the edit button (pencil). Then I go to Additional Parameters and edit on of the existing (runtime) parameters.

After clicking on Save chosen parameter should be changed in Network Container through BNA and most times it works. In this cases in Admin Console I see "Edit Network Container" as Activity in "Pending Activity" area.

But sometimes after clicking save in "Pending Activity" area a new entry with Activity "Edit Logical Data Center" appears which suddenly fails - of course, because it does not match with an container action. When this happens it will work correct on 2nd or 3rd try of the same action and sometimes (like in last 2 hours) it will not work for many times.

In screenshot you see the resulting entries of the same action (edit network container) and I hat over 10 tries:

For me it looks like this will happen after one error appear in any action on this network container and will same for some time (until error is cleared in system???).

Very annoying while testing new stuff.

When it happens we get this error message:

ERROR (219009): <BMC.CLOUD.ARFILTERPLUGIN>:POST:Class<com.bmc.cloud.model.beans.LogicalHostingEnvironment>. null:{1}
      at com.bmc.cloud.portal.shared.ARMessageHelper.createARException(ARMessageHelper.java:93)
      at com.bmc.cloud.portal.shared.operation.handler.plugin.PostLogicalHostingEnvironmentHandler.handleUpdate(PostLogicalHostingEnvironmentHandler.java:323)
      at com.bmc.cloud.portal.shared.operation.handler.plugin.PostLogicalHostingEnvironmentHandler.handle(PostLogicalHostingEnvironmentHandler.java:146)
      at com.bmc.cloud.portal.shared.operation.handler.plugin.RestActionHandler.processAction(RestActionHandler.java:114)
      at com.bmc.cloud.portal.shared.Task.PluginTask.PluginTaskGeneric.call(PluginTaskGeneric.java:25)
      at com.bmc.cloud.portal.shared.Task.PluginTask.PluginTaskGeneric.call(PluginTaskGeneric.java:15)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Anyone any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance,

Tom