10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2019 7:35 PM by Shreyas Swamy

Remedy Smart Reporting - Link to Open Incident in Remedy on Report

Peter DuPlessis
      Share This:

I am trying to show a link on a report that opens an Incident directly in SmartIT. I am bringing in the InstanceID field, setting it to a Link to URL format and putting in the below, which results in the hyperlink below, which works. What I would like to do is have the label for the link be the IncidentID (not the InstanceID), wondering if there is a way I can reference another field in the 'Display Text' of the URL. Note there is an  Incident Hyperlink field available but it doesn't work for us, gives a 404 error, and looks like it tries to open the incident in the Mid Tier, we want Smart IT. Basically the link works, but I want to format it so that it displays the IncidentID, or if anyone knows of a URL that accepts the IncidentID and not the InstanceID, that might work as well.

Link to URL:

remedy.zzz.ca/ux/smart-it/incident/##

Result:

http://remedy.zzz.ca/ux/smart-it/#/incident/AGGAA5V0HG0T3APGX56GPGAVJMQELX

• 1. Re: Remedy Smart Reporting - Link to Open Incident in Remedy on Report
          Shreyas Swamy

'Incident Management' view in Smart Reporting already has a "Incident Number Hyperlink" field, which can be used.

It has definition of (under Format):

/AdminConsole/router.jsp?midtierUrl=${PROTOCOL}://${MIDTIER}/arsys/forms/${AR}/SHR%3ALandingConsole/Default+Administrator+View/?mode=search%26F304255500=HPD:Help%20Desk%26F1000000076=FormOpenNoAppList%26F303647600=SearchTicketWithQual%26F304255610=%271000000161%27=%22##%22&smartitUrl=${PROTOCOL}://${SMART_IT}/ux/smart-it/#/search/##/

Depending on whether Smart reporting is invoked from ITSM Classic View or Smart IT, the midtierUrl or smartitUrl should be invoked.

But if you always want Smart IT URL, then edit the definition to just:

${PROTOCOL}://${SMART_IT}/ux/smart-it/#/search/##/

Tip:

if you have a requirement of reports to be exported as Excel, and the hyperlink to work even from Excel, then you have to get rid of "#" in the URL as Excel messes up the URL when it sees a "#"

So alternatively, you can use below definition as well and it will work fine.

${PROTOCOL}://${SMART_IT}/ux/smart-it/search/##/

And for setting PROTOCOL and SMART_IT values, head to

Configuration --> Settings --> Custom Parameters and add the same.

Hope this helps.

4 of 4 people found this helpful
          • 3. Re: Remedy Smart Reporting - Link to Open Incident in Remedy on Report
            T. D.

Shreyas, I was wondering if you could tell me what setting I have to use for configuring Smart Reporting for ITSM. I have gone to Custom Parameters in Smart Reporting and entered our Mid Tier server, but the hyperlink is still not working.

• 4. Re: Remedy Smart Reporting - Link to Open Incident in Remedy on Report
              Shreyas Swamy

If you want the URL to open Classic View always, edit the URL in Format section as per below

${PROTOCOL}://${MIDTIER}/arsys/forms/${AR}/SHR%3ALandingConsole/Default+Administrator+View/?mode=search%26F304255500=HPD:Help%20Desk%26F1000000076=FormOpenNoAppList%26F303647600=SearchTicketWithQual%26F304255610=%271000000161%27=%22##%22

If you want it to open Smart IT View always, follow instructions as per my earlier comments on this thread

In both cases ensure you have a customer parameter PROTOCOL, which I see is missing in your screenshot.

So add a Parameter, PROTOCOL with value https or http as appropriate

After doing this, run the report and see what hyperlink it is producing and let me know, it is easier to debug after this.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 5. Re: Remedy Smart Reporting - Link to Open Incident in Remedy on Report
                T. D.

Shreyas, thank you for help.

I am using the BMC OOTB Incident Number Hyperlink from the Incident Management view.

The properties of the field the URL shows:

/onboarding/router.jsp?midtierUrl=http://${MIDTIER}/arsys/forms/${AR}/SHR%3ALandingConsole/Default+Administrator+View/?mode=search%26F304255500=HPD:Help%20Desk%26F1000000076=FormOpenNoAppList%26F303647600=SearchTicketWithQual%26F304255610=%271000000161%27=%22##%22&smartitUrl=http://${SMART_IT}/ux/smart-it/#/search/##/

I modified the URL with the one you provided:

${PROTOCOL}://${MIDTIER}/arsys/forms/${AR}/SHR%3ALandingConsole/Default+Administrator+View/?mode=search%26F304255500=HPD:Help%20Desk%26F1000000076=FormOpenNoAppList%26F303647600=SearchTicketWithQual%26F304255610=%271000000161%27=%22##%22

I am getting the following error:

The following error(s) occurred while trying to process your request:              

ARERR [9217]            
                            File not found. Either the file requested is not present or the URL supplied is bad.             

Error Timestamp (Mid-Tier Server): Mar 14, 2019 1:58:52 PM            

I added PROTOCOL as per your instructions (see below).

• 6. Re: Remedy Smart Reporting - Link to Open Incident in Remedy on Report
                  Shreyas Swamy

Can you please share the URL it is formulating?

(please mask the server information before sending)

• 7. Re: Remedy Smart Reporting - Link to Open Incident in Remedy on Report
                    T. D.

Thanks Shreyas, here is the link:

If I change the URL Type from Remote to Local I get this error:

Error occurred. Please run enable report sharing via URL utility in AdminConsole.

• 8. Re: Remedy Smart Reporting - Link to Open Incident in Remedy on Report
                      Shreyas Swamy

I think the "/Midtier" is extra and not required.

Not sure why or how is it coming up.

Can you check?

it should just be

http://<midtier parameter>/arsys/forms...

• 9. Re: Remedy Smart Reporting - Link to Open Incident in Remedy on Report
                        T. D.

I tried removing that and it did not work. However, when I click on the link and it fails to open the ticket I edit the URL in Internet Explorer and remove arsys and it works, so I removed arsys from the URL Type and it fails.

• 10. Re: Remedy Smart Reporting - Link to Open Incident in Remedy on Report
                          Shreyas Swamy

Hmm, not sure what is happening there and is difficult to debug without actually having access to the URLs.

May be contact BMC and they can help you out.

As a workaround, you could also hard-code the entire working URL (with actual mid tier names etc.) and leave the "##" at end as is, so that it gets replaced.

i.e.

...SearchTicketWithQual%26F304255610=%271000000161%27=%22##%22

This will work on that environment only and you will need to update it manually on every environment, so not an ideal solution.