Hi there,

On CDP, you can install AP.

What if you had 2 AP ?

WIll it load balanceing more?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: What if you have 2 AP on CDP?
          Aryan Anantwar

Hi Mina,

yes, you can have multiple AP's in your environment with Single CDP or Two CDP's (CDP+HACDP).

More peers will definitely help for load sharing in Grid, becasue CDP,HACDP,AP acts as workload processors.

But multiple AP's won't provide you mechanism of High-availability.

Thanks,

Aryan Anantwar

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: What if you have 2 AP on CDP?
            Mina Horiuchi

Hi Aryan,

Thank you always.

If i was only thinking about to load balancing the jobs on CDP, having AP?

If i was only thinking about redundancy Primary CDP, having HA-CDP as a secondary CDP?

am i understanding in correct way..?

• 3. Re: What if you have 2 AP on CDP?
              Ranganath Samudrala

Hello Mina,

More background information is required to suggest a certain architecture.

What is the requirement - HA, HA+DR, Higher throughput (performance) etc ?

I would start with one CDP.

If you need to HA, then, I suggest 2 CDPs (CDP + HACDP). Load balancing cannot be achieved perfectly, like 50-50, because load distribution logic looks at realtime state of a peer, like its CPU utilization and available memory, etc.

If you need HA+DR, then, you would have even number of job processing peers, meaning 2 CDPs and 2APs. But, I would not recommend installing more than 4 job processing peers in a grid.

The above recommendation has caveats. When you need more fault tolerance, then, you have to sacrifice throughput.

So, IMO, the question you have posed in not complete/sufficient and any answer you receive will be incomplete. See below documentation: Deployment use cases - Documentation for TrueSight Orchestration Platform 8.1 - BMC Documentation

The above document does not talk about all possible scenarios, but it is a good start.

• 4. Re: What if you have 2 AP on CDP?
                Ravi Prasad

Hi Mina,

I am totally agree with Ranganath. We have all possible scenarios which will suit one needs while deploying TrueSight Orchestration architecture.

Do you have any use case where you want to deploy certain architecture? Knowing that we can provide you exact information that you want.

Thanks,
                Ravi Prasad

• 5. Re: What if you have 2 AP on CDP?
                  Mina Horiuchi

Hi Ranganath, Ravi

Thank you for your reply.

I see i should share more detail.

On the customer environment, there is a lot of job is executed and rarely, job will be very slow.

I was wondering how can they avoid this delay.

Kind Regards,

Mina