2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2020 12:05 AM by Amit Jaiswal

How to include activities from the Activity Feed in a mail sent from a ticket?

Martin Lofgren
      Share This:

Does anybody have an idea on how to include activities from the Activity Feed in a mail being sent from a ticket? The best way would of course be if it was possible to include these the same way you're able to include the content from the ticket fields, but since you're not I would like to find a workaround. An easy copy/paste or even as an attachment would do, but so far I haven't been able to come up with anything readable and smooth enough.

The sceario is: A ticket is being work upon for a while which includes some mails back and forth that all are nicely displayed in the Activity Feed. At a certain point you'd like to include a new person via mail from the ticket, a person that hasn't been involved previously and is not a Remedyforce Console user. Then you'd like that person to get the background in historical order in that email so he/she can easily get into the discussion.

The functionality as such is available in other ticketing tools, and when it's not it's very tempting to use email conversations instead outside the system, outside the ticket, which is not what you want the agents to do since you may miss out on valuable information stored in the ticket.

So, any good suggestions outthere?

/Martin

• 1. Re: How to include activities from the Activity Feed in a mail sent from a ticket?
          Chris Troyer

Hello Martin,

I do not have an answer for you but I have a similar question. When sending an email from within Activity Feed is there a way to include attachments already on the Incident record? When I click the attachments button on the email form it opens the regular File Upload window to allow me to browse to a file on my computer, but I see no way to include existing attachments.

This functionality appears to be available when using Action > Email. I am hoping there is parity between these two email composition methods so my team can use Activity Feed as it is a good way to see recent updates and the email composition tool is a bit nicer than the action menu.

Thank you to anyone out there in the community that can shine some light on our questions.

• 2. Re: How to include activities from the Activity Feed in a mail sent from a ticket?
            Amit Jaiswal

Hi Martin/Chris,

When such a need is there, a couple of things can be done:

1. Share the record with the new user

2. Do the Print to PDF from Actions menu

3. Send that as an attachment to give the overall idea of the ticket to the new user. The PDF will have active links which he can click and load the record or details to know more if he has to.

4. My recommendation would be to use the Activity feed -> Send Email feature to reach out to this new user via email so that this action and response is also recorded in the system as a best practice.

if the user is totally outside the system and cannot access the record because sharing cannot be done, then possible way is to extract the Incident History report for the particular record and send over an email.

Thanks

Amit

1 of 1 people found this helpful