7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2018 2:24 AM by Sergey Smirnov

Count the number of email's

Sergey Smirnov

Hello! ARS 9.1.04

Need to average number of emails received and sent within a certain period of time in sql-request.

AR System Email Messages keeps the email until it is sent - after it is deleted.

In NTE:Notifier (or NTE:Notifier Log) I will be able to find this letter, but the fact - it was sent or not - I could not find this parameter

I can join AR System Email Messages and NTE:Notifier (or NTE:Notifier Log) to find - if message in NTE:Notifier but not in AR System Email Messages I can assume it was sent.

But how to know the date/time sent, this information is found only on the form AR System Email Messages where message was deleted after success send?

• 1. Re: Count the number of email's
          Saketh Gaggenapalli

Hello,

"AR System Email Messages keeps the email until it is sent - after it is deleted." - It doesn't necessarily have to be like that. You can retain outgoing email messages by setting 'Delete Outgoing Notification Messages' to "No" for outgoing mailbox in 'AR System Email Mailbox Configuration' form.

You may have to write an escalation and delete outgoing messages periodically as they pile up if required.

Hope this helps !!

Thanks

Saketh

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Count the number of email's
            LJ LongWing

Sergey,

Reconfigure your email engine to not delete after sent, then setup an archive policy to delete them when you no longer need them.

• 3. Re: Count the number of email's
              Sergey Smirnov

Thanks for your answers, but i can't choose "No" on delete parameter (the requirement of the organization), so and have been arguing in other ways obtain these data. Maybe someone knows the principle on which the email engine processes the emails - fifo or randomly?

• 5. Re: Count the number of email's
                Mohammad Rehman

Hi Sergey,

You got better suggestions, I will just be repeating with more suggestion.

As you mentioned you have no choice to set Delete to "No" then i will suggest to create a form where you can just push the required information for reporting to custom form. ( why i am suggesting new custom form is due to you are not sure every notification filter is pushing through NTE:Notifier form some will be sending direct using Notify action, you will not need custom form if you make sure every notification goes out must be recorded in NTE:Notifier Log as well.)

Or you can enable the Archiving on Email Messages form to archive and delete (but you need to set Delete on sent to No).

You can better explain to management if they require such reports then setting need to be made as per requirements.

Regards

Mohammad

• 6. Re: Count the number of email's
                  Saketh Gaggenapalli

Can you try enabling Audit only on 'Date Sent' field in field properties and configure form properties as below

This should create an entry on specified Audit form as soon as there is a value in 'Date Sent' before deleting the original record.

Thanks

Saketh

• 7. Re: Count the number of email's
                    Sergey Smirnov

Thanks for your answers!

It's great that so many different solutions,take them into in the future

In this case, the reality rested in the fact that the customer was against and audit on the form and archive form.

Went the easiest way - saved the number of emails on a certain range of Email Messages form and saved the number of emails exceeding this range. After I repeated these queries and compared the first and received numbers.

For first numbers the difference on the idea of will show how many emails took, for the second numbers - how much was added.

Not ideal, but customer was satisfied with this decision, I hope more to this will not return