5 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2019 11:48 AM by Brendan Murray

closure policy

Steve Robinson
      Share This:

I have two cells that I am propagating events from the lower cell to a higher cell.

I am trying to get an closure policy to work on the upper cell but it is not working.

How do I trace this to know what I am dealing with?

Steve

• 1. Re: closure policy
          Yogeesh Kompa

Hi Steve,

Can you elaborate more on the issue.

Have you configured closure policy on the upper cell that you mentioned?

Have you tried selecting upper cell for the incoming events under selector of the policy?

Regards,

Yogeesh

• 2. Re: closure policy
            Steve Robinson

I have set up the closure policy on the upper cell.

• 3. Re: closure policy
              Garland Smith

If the event is making its way into the TSIM or TSPS Console, you should be able to see what policies were applied in the logs and notes section.  If it didn’t get processed by the Closure Policy (I guess if the event remains open, then it didn’t get processed by the closure policy), then I’d look at the conditions that were specified in the policy.  That’s all that comes to mind.

Garland Smith

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: closure policy
                Steve Robinson

Garland not using Truesight. Using BPPM 9.6

• 5. Re: closure policy
                  Brendan Murray

The original post for this thread is old, but since there is a recent update, I will assume the question is still open.

The answer is to turn on cell tracing, either dynamically by using cell CLI commands or statically, by modifying configuration files and restarting the cell. This Communities post explains both approaches: What are the different ways of enabling cell trace ?  As the article explains, you can configure cell tracing to just trace a particular rule phase or even an individual rule. This will make it easier to read the trace output.

The rule that handles closure policies is im_internal_closure. It is a 'new' rule, i.e. it executes in the new phase. It can be found in the cell kb/rules directory in the file im_internal.mrl.

Regards,

Brendan