3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2018 10:13 AM by Andrew Waters

Generic Discovery Query or Report

John Colona

I'll apologize in advance, we are still building our BMC Discovery solution, so I am new and I'm sure this is somewhere, but having trouble finding it.  Can someone point me to where I can find a generic query that would pull all the "generic data" such as name and IP of the Discovered CIs?

• 1. Re: Generic Discovery Query or Report
          Andrew Waters

That is rather vague. Discovery has multiple root node kinds, e.g. Hosts, NetworkDevices, etc. Do you mean different ones? Lots of things have more than one IP, do you mean the scanned IP or and IPs found? For example scanned via IP

SEARCH Host

SHOW name, os_type, os_version, #InferredElement:Inference:Associate:DiscoveryAccess.endpoint

versus the found IPs

SEARCH Host

SHOW name, os_type, os_version, #DeviceWithAddress:DeviceAddress::IPAddress.ip_addr

Then there are other things like software which has been found. Alternatively for a range of node kinds

SEARCH Host, NetworkDevice, Printer, SNMPManagedDevice, ManagementController, MFPart, StorageDevice

SHOW name, os, #DeviceWithAddress:DeviceAddress::IPAddress.ip_addr

• 2. Re: Generic Discovery Query or Report
            John Colona

Yes, sorry that was vague.  I am looking at all root nodes that would have an IP assignment.  I'd like to have them in one generic report vs. having to run a report for Hosts, Network Devices, etc. and then concatenating them together.  It would be something similar to the last query you shared in a format that listed the common details such as name, scanned via IP.

• 3. Re: Generic Discovery Query or Report
              Andrew Waters

Name and scanned via are simple enough

SEARCH FLAGS(no_segment) Host, NetworkDevice, Printer, SNMPManagedDevice, ManagementController, MFPart, StorageDevice

SHOW name, os, #InferredElement:Inference:Associate:DiscoveryAccess.endpoint AS 'Scanned via'

2 of 2 people found this helpful