1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 18, 2018 9:23 AM by Matt Stringham

Work Order Audit Log - Get Next Date

Matt Stringham
      Share:|

Smart Reporting V 9.1.04

I have this requirement - Customer wants to see how long a ticket sits in their queue (initially assigned to the support Group) until it is acted upon (reassigned, status change, added comment, etc - possibilities are endless)

I have successfully been able to get the date/time the ticket enters the queue.  To do this I am using the WOI:WorkOrder_AuditLog table.  Here is my setup:

Selected Columns:

Table - WOI:WorkOrder

Work Order ID

Summary

Priority

Assigned Group

Completed Date

Assignee

Table - WOI:WorkOrder_AuditLog

Audit Date

Modified Date

Filters:

The "Audit Date" selected in the report will give me the date/time when the ticket was assigned to that group.  I also do an aggregation of MAX in case the ticket gets reassigned several times.  The customer only wants the latest time it was assigned to the queue.  I have manually checked several work orders and it looks good and correct.  Here is the result (For one ticket only):

I now add a sub query to this report, join by Work Order ID:

select Audit date for the column - this is just showing all the dates in the audit log:

I want the next date only 5/18 to get it, In the sub query filter I add this:

When I refresh the report the date of 5/18 (the one I want) is not there but skips a few dates and shows some that are greater than the audit date, WHY???:

Anyone know how to solve my problem?  I need an audit date that is the next entry after my Master Query but I've tried several things without any success.

• 1. Re: Work Order Audit Log - Get Next Date
          Matt Stringham

I also tried to do a CASE statement where the modified date is greater than the audit date but it comes up blank.  I'm really stuck on this.  Does anyone know how to solve How long a ticket sits before the next edit is done.  For example

John gets assigned a ticket on 5/10 he marks it as pending 5/11 - so it sat for 1 day before he did anything

Or

Jane gets assigned a ticket on 5/10 and makes a comment on 5/12 - so it sat for 2 days before she did anything.

Somehow I need to figure out after a ticket is assigned how long did it sit before the person did ANYTHING to the ticket (assigned it out to someone else, a comment, status changes, notes, etc).

Any help or direction would be appreciated.