1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2019 4:29 AM by Attachment Scanner

Error 8755 - The specified plugin does not exist: ARSYS.ARDBC.PREVIEW

Edison Pioneer
      Share This:

Hi fellas,

We are facing this issue with only one person.

He is trying to raise a CRQ but during the approval part it is not going through.

We are getting this error →

Error 8755 - The specified plugin does not exist: ARSYS.ARDBC.PREVIEW

I did all the configuration check and all of it seems to be accurate, hardly anything must have had missed my eye.

ARERR log file size is 700MB so obviously can't open that.

Went through arjavaplugin logs but did not find anything anomalous in it. arjavaplugin logs are attached. I have attached the pluginsvr_config.xml file as well.

Restarted the java plugin.

Confirmed that PID mentioned in ar.lck.390608 and PID of the java process which carries approval are the same.

Went through pluginsvr_config.xml and arconf and found all parameters to be just fine.

All in all, I believe configuration wise everything is in proper order, except for one thing.

In ar.conf , against some plugin parameters FQDN (fully qualified domain name) has been mentioned, while against some plugin parameters PQDN's (partially qualified domain name) been mentioned.

For ex,

on prodserver1 -

Server-Plugin-Alias: ARSYS.ARDBC.PREVIEW ARSYS.ARDBC.PREVIEW prodserver1:9999

On prodserver2 -

Server-Plugin-Alias: ARSYS.ARDBC.PREVIEW ARSYS.ARDBC.PREVIEW prodserver2.fqdn.com:9999

In the below link, fixing the FQDN fixed the fellas issue. Would it be applicable in mine as well?

https://communities.bmc.com/thread/86347

I can't imagine for the life of me how this can be. Or that why I am getting errors now after all this time? I thought FQDN should be absolute against all plugin parameters across all server.

Should I gather approval debug logs as well?

Followed through most of the steps from this thread.

Approval not working

I also followed most of the steps from this doc as well.

Trending in Support:Approvals not processing from the Application Pending form

Kindly advise me on what should be the future course of my action.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Memento Mori

PS → Please refer to the screenshots and all the files  attached.

1 2 Previous Next