4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2018 6:26 PM by Steve Robinson

Test servers

Steve Robinson

Has anyone came up with a solution that would turn off threshold events from patrol agents so that they would not show on a patrol classic or PCO console, but the threshold event would be sent to a BPPM cell?

• 1. Re: Test servers
          Garland Smith

I’m pretty sure that PATROL ALARMS will always show up on PATROL Consoles.  You can filter certain events from going to cells but since they are native to PATROL, they will be visible by the PATROL console.  Let me know if you find otherwise.

Of course, you can create BPPM/TrueSight thresholds that are only visible in BPPM.  However, that’s different from PATROL Thresholds at the PATROL Agent.

Garland Smith

• 2. Re: Test servers
            Steve Robinson

Garland I believe you are completely correct.

Was hoping someone might know something.

• 3. Re: Test servers
              Garland Smith

It never hurts to throw it out there.  Out of curiosity, why would you want to limit visibility of events on PATROL Consoles?

Garland Smith

• 4. Re: Test servers
                Steve Robinson

Garland,  Our operations team monitors the patrol console for alerts (PCO) They are instructed to ignore the alerts during different time periods, such as evenings and weekends for test servers.  the issue is that on some of the servers an analyst might want to see Monday morning if there were any issues on the test servers over the weekend, but not get called on them over the weekend.  Management thinks this is too confusing.

We have not switched them to BPPM console due to the fact that graphs are not easily produced on that console, so getting added information on an event is not as easy as using the patrol console.

Also some events  that occur are more for tuning, such as some of the patrol for Oracle events and I we block those going to the operations teams console.