5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2018 8:26 AM by Garland Smith

Mon Jul 30 05:14:55 PM 2018: ID 103219: I: Patrol is running in a secure environment.  Please change /AgentSetup/defaultAccount... No work will be done until a valid account is specifiec.

Garland Smith

Hello,

See below.  Does anyone know what this message means?  Does it mean that invalid credentials have been supplied?  Or is there some configuration related to security.  This problem occurred after we installed 10.7.00 over the top of 9.6.00 PATROL Agent.  At first, I thought it might have been invalid credentials, however, there’s no reason to believe that there is a problem with the username/password that we’re using, it’s standard across the enterprise.  If it were a problem with patrol account password, I would think the message would say invalid username/password? I’ve been told that removing PATROL completely and reinstalling has corrected this issue in other cases, however, that seems very heavy-handed.  If I could hone in on what the issue is, I hope that we can correct it without taking extreme measures.

Mon Jul 30 05:14:55 PM 2018: ID 103219: I: Patrol is running in a secure environment.

Mon Jul 30 05:14:55 PM 2018: PatrolAgent-E-EINTERNAL: Please change the configuration variable '/AgentSetup/defaultAccount'

with [x|w]pconfig or the developer console

NO work will be done until a valid account is specified

I received the following from Support:

Looks like it might have gotten wiped out, or the password got removed.

If you move/delete the config folder of the PatrolAgent then the corresponding secure conf gets removed too.  The default account and application level accounts now have their passwords stored in the keystore of the config directory so no one can parse it out of the old .cfg file.

Based on this information, I removed the config files, then restarted the PATROL Agent and reapplied pconfig rules stored in PCM.  This resolved the issue.

Thank you,

Garland Smith

Message was edited by: Garland Smith