8 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2019 12:09 AM by Supriya Ashtekar

Service Request in Remedy Force

Jean Daros
      Share This:

We are looking to create a Service Request called Login Access Change Form, where the client would fill out the form for a new employee, and based on the system the client selects have it email the Access Administrator and the Data Steward.  We have over 160 systems.

Example,

John Smith needs access to ImageNow.  His supervisor would fill out this Login Access Change Form, select ImageNow, and the service request should automatically email Kevin James and Tom Hamm to notify them to create this account.

If John Smith selects PeopleSoft instead, then it should notify Christine Long, and Jim Ramp.

Is there a way to create a table or relationship to associate the system with the Access Administrator and the Data Steward?

If so, can this be added to the Service Request?

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Service Request in Remedy Force
          Sneha Wakale

Hi Jean,

Let me understand your requirement first.

You have 160 systems or applications with access administrator.

e.g for ImageNow - Kevin James and Tom Hamm are the administrators.

for PeopleSoft - Christine Long, and Jim Ramp.

So similar way you have 160 system and their administrators list.

If my understanding is correct so below are the solutions.

Now, it is achievable via configuration as well as customization.

1. Create drop down list for applications and map this application field in service request definition with custom field on incident.  Instead of creating multiple workflows, create process builder and add conditions for application field and create email alerts.

2. You can create one custom object where you need to create two three fields. One field to store application or system name and two user lookup fields for storing administrator names for respective application or system.

Create lookup input field on service request and select that custom object.

Map this field with any custom field on incident form.

Now you need to write some code to fetch administrator names from custom object. And need to set administrator name with custom lookup field(User lookup).

Create workflow add normal criteria on creation and add email alert (use related user). Use related user for recipients.

If you need any more information let me know.

Regards,
          Sneha Wakale

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Service Request in Remedy Force
            Jean Daros

Thank you so much Sneha!  Yes, you understood correctly and I am going to try your two suggestions.

Thank you again.

• 3. Re: Service Request in Remedy Force
              Paul Donders

Please be aware that custom object are not allowed as part of the mssa you signed with BMC as part of the license agreement.

So I recommand the CMDB option that I suggested.

Paul Donders

InfraVision

• 4. Re: Service Request in Remedy Force
                Paul Donders

Realized to late I never posted my suggestion;

Add a lookup to your service request to CMDB ( base element). You can add filter like show application and status = deployed. In the cmdb under that class add a lookup to user that you can use for approvals.

Create a process builder that takes the approver from the selected ci and set that to incident.  Now you have all info for your scenario.

Paul Donders

InfraVision

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Service Request in Remedy Force
                  Jean Daros

Sneha,

I am circling back on this, and have another question, In addition to the email notification, is there a way to create a record in Remedy or Salesforce that the access admin can reference such as a task or incident record.

Example, the access admin deletes the email, how would they know that a request is pending?

• 6. Re: Service Request in Remedy Force
                    Supriya Ashtekar

Hi

Let us know it works for you, otherwise will suggest another option.

• 7. Re: Service Request in Remedy Force
                      Jean Daros

Yes,  thank you. so they would have to log into Remedy, and I can create a view for all to reference.  Let me get back to my team on this, and I may have some more follow up  questions.

Thank you very much.

• 8. Re: Service Request in Remedy Force
                        Supriya Ashtekar

Yes, they have to log into Remedy application and go to Remedyforce console and create view for incident/task as per your requirment. Thanks.