10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2018 2:43 AM by Edison Pioneer

Multiple groups should be notified when a SLA is breached

Edison Pioneer
      Share This:

Hi fellas,

I was this bizarre requirement in which when one SVT breaches 100%, a notification is supposed to go to 6 different groups.

Has anyone worked on this before? Please let me know your approach.

Thanks in advance

Memento Mori

• 1. Re: Multiple groups should be notified when a SLA is breached
          Sidhdesh Punaskar

you can add multiple actions under single milestone in SVT. What are the  difficulties?

• 2. Re: Multiple groups should be notified when a SLA is breached
            Edison Pioneer

Hi Sidhdesh,

Thanks for replying!

Support I have 6 different groups - G1 to G6, for actions A1 to A6, whats the guarantee that all actions will correspondingly pick up those particular groups?

• 3. Re: Multiple groups should be notified when a SLA is breached
              Andreas Mitterdorfer

You have to create one email action per group and relate all actions to the milestone.

Or create one email action and put all group ids in the to field, that should work too.

• 4. Re: Multiple groups should be notified when a SLA is breached
                PAWAN KAUSHIK

Hi Edison,

We had done similar kind of customization in our environment, where notification triggers to the different peoples once its breached on the basis of different support group and operational categories. Let me tell you how we had done that.

-> we had created a custom form where all the support groups information and operational categories as well as the escalation level email ids

-> For particular support group we had created a request by entering the email ids which should be modified for that particular group.

-> Created two custom fields over hpd help desk form for say emailids and escalationlevel

-> created a filter to set the email ids for the assigned group matching request in our custom form

-> a custom notification filter created for notification action on the basis of escalationlevel field over hpd help desk (this escalationlevel field set by the SLM milestone action)

-> When sla reaches at 100% then this escalationlevel field set to escalate and custom notification filter triggered to notify the emails id which are present in email ids field.

i hope it will help you to develop your customization

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Multiple groups should be notified when a SLA is breached
                  Edison Pioneer

Hi Pawan,

Thanks a ton for the valuable information you provided.

I am quite confused in point no 2

>> For particular support group we had created a request by entering the email ids which should be modified for that particular group.

Please elaborate on what is meant by "request" here.

Also, did you mean to write "notified" in place of "modified"?

For the sake of clarification, you had taken four fields on your custom form - 1) support groups information 2) operational categories 3) escalation level 4) email ids. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Thanks again

• 6. Re: Multiple groups should be notified when a SLA is breached
                    PAWAN KAUSHIK

Hi Edison,

For point 2 request means that the records which we had inserted in our custom form. the custom form have support company, support org, support group and support group id, operational cat1, operational cat2, operational cat3 and escalation level1 emailid, escalation level 2 email ids.

in this custom form we had submitted the records (request) which are having values of email id for escalation level 1 and escalation level 2.

now how it is working here:

-> first user will submitted the request and that will get assigned to a particular support group

-> corresponding Service target will be attached here.

-> in that svt we had added an milestone action at 100% that set field escalationlevel on HPD Help desk

-> then on modify a filter will trigger with  run if as escalation level = INCESC1 or so on

-> if this found true then it will search for the record in our custom form which holds the email ids for different escalation levels.

-> after matching a exact record do a set field and put the values of email ids from custom form to hpd help desk custom field emailids as i stated in above reply.

-> then at last add a push field action to create a record in NTE process control form

i hope now it will be more clear.

• 7. Re: Multiple groups should be notified when a SLA is breached
                      Edison Pioneer

Hi Pawan,

Thanks a ton for explaining again !!

I am definitely more clear now

• 8. Re: Multiple groups should be notified when a SLA is breached
                        Edison Pioneer

Hi Pawan,

Just one question I have in my mind right now, please don't mind.

-> then at last add a push field action to create a record in NTE process control form

Will the push field action to NTE Process Control form suffice to trigger a notification? Will the notification engine take care of the rest?

• 9. Re: Multiple groups should be notified when a SLA is breached
                          PAWAN KAUSHIK

Hi Edison,

After setting your email ids from custom form then you need to create a notification message tag in SYS:Notification Messages form as well which would contain your formatted text.

After creating that wrote a filter which will do a set field while esclatelevel1!=$NULL$. In set field action:

'z1D NT Internet Email' = $email ID field which we had created on HPD Help Desk$

z1D Notification Message' = $Your Notification Message Tag$

then add a call guide action in the same filter which will call a guide "HPD:INC:NotificationGenerator"

this guide will take care of rest notification stuff.

i am sorry i am making it a bit confusing. below is the simple process:

-> Create custom form

-> Create your email id records on custom form

-> Create required fields over HPD help desk

-> Set fields from custom form to hpd help desk to get email id

-> write a filter to set notification email and message tag as discussed above.

• 10. Re: Multiple groups should be notified when a SLA is breached
                            Edison Pioneer

Hi Pawan,

Far from making it confusing, you are making it lucid and simple to understand. I cannot thank you enough for that

In case I have any questions over this in the future, I will get back to you.