13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2018 1:41 PM by Stefan Hall

Installation - 9.1.04 - the post-install executor hangs for up to 10 hours

Shane Barber

FINAL UPDATE: I had to give up on using the pre-created database. In the end, we created a db creator user which I used to allow the installer to create the databases.

I did see a few threads that appear to point in the direction of this long delay based on database timeout:

1. ARERR [92] Timeout during database update

This thread talks about manually editing database timeouts (I did not see these variables so perhaps they needed to be added?). My management told me to pull back from hacking files to get the installer to work with a pre-configured DB so I didn't try this method.

2. (I will add this link if I find it again but it suggests that an inability of the installer to change varchar to CLOB because it was already a CLOB caused a 9 hour delay)

3. ARERR [92] Timeout during database update -- the operation has been accepted by the server and will usually complete successfully :

If you're seeing actual errors, this was an informative read with some suggestions. I did not see any hard errors, just database timeouts, so it was not relevant to my issue.

UPDATE: It has been running now for 5 hours. I have attached the arerror log that has been generated so far but I think it will time out eventually.

I also see this error in AREALDAPDirectoryService-RIK_PostInstall_error.log

[Fri Jul 13 10:14:13.134] ERROR RIKMain  - Error is - ERROR (92): Timeout during database update -- the operation has been accepted by the server and will usually complete successfully; <SERVERNAME REDACTED> ONC/RPC call timed out

I also see this as the last entry for LDAP def since it seems to be hanging here:

[Fri Jul 13 10:14:17.590] INFO  RIKMain  - **************************************************

[Fri Jul 13 10:14:17.590] INFO  RIKMain  - Processing Component: LDAPAREA

[Fri Jul 13 10:14:17.590] INFO  RIKMain  - Processing Commands Section -

[Fri Jul 13 10:14:17.590] INFO  RIKMain  - Loading Component: LDAPAREA

[Fri Jul 13 10:14:17.590] INFO  RIKMain  - Starting Definition Import for D:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\ardbcldap\ardbcldap.def

[Fri Jul 13 10:14:17.590] INFO  RIKMain  - Importing Definition file D:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\ardbcldap\ardbcldap.def with Mode 0x1 and mask 12385

I have tried 4 times now to install this program with issues every time. Every time, the installer hangs for hours and has some sort of failure. The last install took 10 hours and did not install correctly.        .

Here is an example of where it is hanging.

hangingremedy.PNG

Does anyone have any advice?