2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2018 6:30 AM by HItesh Jha

Proxy service was stopped

HItesh Jha

Hello All,

Need your help to understand.

I have noticed sudden decrease in host counts for one of our Customer.when I checked thoroughly noticed that Active Directory credentials proxy service was stopped for one particular domain.I have restarted the same and host counts level up.

But my concern is how do we identify the root cause for this issue.

I have noticed one thing while checking the logs files tw_svc_winproxy.log was generated  on 01-07-2018 and then on 11-07-2018 .In between no logs files and hence servers aged out from Discovery.

Any reason why service was stopped?

~Hitesh Jha

• 1. Re: Proxy service was stopped
          Andrew Waters

Have you looked to see if anything is in the Windows event log?

• 2. Re: Proxy service was stopped
            HItesh Jha

Hello Andrew,

As checked in event viewer below are the details.

The BMC Atrium Discovery Active Directory Proxy - Active Directory service failed to start due to the following error:

The service did not start due to a logon failure.

The BMC Atrium Discovery Active Directory Proxy - Active Directory service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).

The AtriumProxy - Active Directory service was unable to log on as domain\service_account with the currently configured password due to the following error:

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

Service: AtriumProxy - Active Directory

Domain and account:

This service account does not have the required user right "Log on as a service."

User Action

Assign "Log on as a service" to the service account on this computer. You can use Local Security Settings (Secpol.msc) to do this. If this computer is a node in a cluster, check that this user right is assigned to the Cluster service account on all nodes in the cluster.

If you have already assigned this user right to the service account, and the user right appears to be removed, check with your domain administrator to find out if a Group Policy object associated with this node might be removing the right.