4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2018 2:27 AM by Mina Horiuchi

When job became 256 on CDP, what should i do ?

Mina Horiuchi

Hi there,

Does anyone know what problem can be occur If the job on CDP became 256 ?

Well, we will operate over 256 modules on BAO.

In this case, should we edit "$BAO_HOME/config/tuning-config.xml" to like below?

<config>

<job-manager>

<max-active-jobs>256</max-active-jobs>

</job-manager>

</config>

<config>

<job-manager>

<max-active-jobs>512</max-active-jobs>

</job-manager>

</config>

(refer :Atrium Orchestrator Tuning Parameters )

Do you guys think this editing does make sense in my case?

Opinion or Other idea are very welcome and helpful.

Also as the other way, we are considering to get the Second Peer.

But maybe I need to get Peer license from BMC for that...? (even if HA-CDP)

Kind Regards,

Mina

• 1. Re: When job became 256 on CDP, what should i do ?
          Aryan Anantwar

Hi Mina,

Any single peer in AO can run 256 concurrent jobs in parallel.

If you want to increase that count you can modify the tuning-config.xml, but keep in mind that the increase count will consume more resources (RAM, CPU Usage etc.).

As per the details you mentioned seems like you have only one peer (CDP), better to have HACDP as well.

Also you can have additional peers (AP's) for load sharing in your AO environment

Regards,

Aryan Anantwar

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: When job became 256 on CDP, what should i do ?
            Mina Horiuchi

Hi Aryan,

Thanks for you advice again.

Yes, the environment is one peer (CDP).

To be honest, it is my customer. They wants to run over 256 jobs on cdp and considering AP or HA-CDP but I think they need get peer license for that. (Do you know if that correct..?)

So i try to find other way that does not need any additional costs and i thought maybe edit the file to 512,then they will be able to operate over 256 without any problem.

Do you have any idea without using AP or HA-CDP?

Kind Regards,

Mina

• 3. Re: When job became 256 on CDP, what should i do ?
              Matthew Highcove

Adding peers does not increase a grid's maximum job count. The maximum job count applies to a grid, not a single peer. If you add an AP or HACDP but do not edit the tuning-config.xml, each peer will run about 128 jobs at maximum assuming it distributes the jobs evenly. Also, adding peers increases the grid overhead because all peers share information with all other peers, and this leave fewer resources for job management. In general, adding more peers decreases BAO's throughput instead of increasing it.

Why do you want to run more than 256 jobs at once? There may be a way to do what you want without doubling BAO's workflow load.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: When job became 256 on CDP, what should i do ?
                Mina Horiuchi

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

Adding peers does not increase a grid's maximum job count.

Ahh i see.. So on single peer, user can set 512 as a max. Also, AP or HACDP user can set 512 as max. so max value is same.

then,,, what is the difference between single peer and secondary peer ...?

Is that just execute speed is different, due to load balancing (Secondary peer) ? but it can be occurred the grid overhead ..

Why do you want to run more than 256 jobs at once? There may be a way to do what you want without doubling BAO's workflow load.

This is my customer and they have a lot of end-users, they are connecting a lot of their systems with BAO.

Is your advice that to think about how can we decrease the job number...?

Kind Regards,

Mina