4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2018 10:45 AM by Joseph Seechang

Can not run a custom crystal report on track-it client

Joseph Seechang

I wanted to see if anyone experienced an issue running custom crystal report from track-it. I can run the custom report from track-it client on the machine that the full crystal report is installed on. After importing the report into track-it client and trying to run it on my own PC. I get an error says "The report document could not confirm database connectivity." Does that mean I have to have ODBC setup on my PC as well?

• 1. Re: Can not run a custom crystal report on track-it client
          Joseph Seechang

I just tried connecting ODBC on my PC and still same thing.

• 2. Re: Can not run a custom crystal report on track-it client
            Brian Da Silva

What account are you using in the Report ODBC connection? You should be using the Track-ItRpt_xx account that is listed in your TrackIt.Core.DataAccess.xml file.

Thanks

Brian Dasilva

• 3. Re: Can not run a custom crystal report on track-it client
              Joseph Seechang

I have tried it. Same results. Below is more detailed view of the error.

TechnicianClient|TIE1108167|Language|jseechang|Business.Reporting.011

-- The report document could not confirm database connectivity.  [TrackIt.Business.Reporting.ReportInitializationException]

-- Log on failed.  [CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException]

--

No error.  [System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException]

TrackIt.Business.Reporting.ReportInitializationException : The report document could not confirm database connectivity.

at TrackIt.Business.Reporting.CrystalReportingImpl.CrystalReportConfig.SetConnectionInfo(ReportDocument report, ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, String sessionToken)

at TrackIt.Business.Reporting.CrystalReportingImpl.CrystalReportConfig.SetUpDBConnection(String sessionToken)

at TrackIt.Business.Reporting.CrystalReportingImpl.CrystalReportConfig.InitializeReport(ILocalizer localizer, String sessionToken)

at TrackIt.Business.Reporting.CrystalReportingImpl.CrystalReportingImpl.InitializeReportDocument(IReportConfig reportConfig, String sessionToken)

at TrackIt.Business.Reporting.CrystalReportingImpl.ReportingSecure.InitializeReportDocument(SecurityCredentials credentials, IReportConfig reportConfig, String sessionToken)

at TrackIt.Business.Reporting.ReportingInterceptor.InitializeReportDocument(IReportConfig reportConfig, String sessionToken)

at TrackIt.Business.Reporting.CrystalReportingImpl.ReportingLocal.InitializeReportDocument(IReportConfig reportConfig, String sessionToken)

at TrackIt.Application.TechnicianClient.AddIn.Administration.CrystalReportRenderForm..ctor(IReportConfig reportConfig)

at TrackIt.Application.TechnicianClient.AddIn.Administration.PreviewReportCommand.ExecuteCore(Object sender, CommandExecutionEventArgs args)

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException : Log on failed.

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.VerifyDatabase()

at TrackIt.Business.Reporting.CrystalReportingImpl.CrystalReportConfig.SetConnectionInfo(ReportDocument report, ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, String sessionToken)

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException :

No error.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.VerifyDatabase()

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.VerifyDatabase()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.VerifyDatabase()

• 4. Re: Can not run a custom crystal report on track-it client
                Joseph Seechang

For anyone with this issue.

On the machine you create/customize the custom Track-it report in. Your ODBC must match your local PC settings for the database. Set server as Trackit and the password from the DataAccess.xml file mentioned by Brian Da Silva. Your custom crystal report will need the same credentials. If you go to view > preview sample it should pop up to enter the database server credentials. Save the report. Import in Track-it and it should work. This worked for me.