7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2018 8:57 PM by Ben Hillsley

Create a catch all requestor for all unknown email addresses to use

Ben Hillsley

We have a large number of requestors that are external and transient. We cannot create requestors for them in advance.

Is there a way to create a "catch all" requestor that any unknown email address uses? Or is there a way for the system to create a requestor if one is not found automatically?

• 1. Re: Create a catch all requestor for all unknown email addresses to use
          Brian Da Silva

If the requestor is not present in the Track-It! lookup tables then it will add the Requestors email address to the requestors field in the WO. Track-It! does not have the ability to create the requestor if not present in the system.

Thanks

Brian Dasilva

• 2. Re: Create a catch all requestor for all unknown email addresses to use
            Ben Hillsley

Hi Brian,

Thanks for responding. When I try to email a request through to Track-It from an email address not linked with a registered requestor, I am getting an email reply with the following:

"We're sorry, your e-mail address was not recognized by the help desk, so your request for support could not be submitted."

I would be happy for the system to work the way you suggest (the request is logged but not linked to a specific requestor), but this doesn't seem to be happening.

Is there a setting that needs to be enabled for this (I've checked the admin/setup guides, and all the configuation options, but cannot find one)?

• 3. Re: Create a catch all requestor for all unknown email addresses to use
              Cris Coffey

It is possible one of the settings below may be interfering with your email processing.

• 4. Re: Create a catch all requestor for all unknown email addresses to use
                Ben Hillsley

Thanks Cris,

I should have mentioned I am using Track-It 20.18.02. There is an option similar to your first screenshot, but it is already set to not filter received emails. I cannot find an option similar to the second screenshot.

It certainly does appear like the first option is causing the problem, however. I will try to restart the server and see if things change.

• 5. Re: Create a catch all requestor for all unknown email addresses to use
                  Ben Hillsley

On our server the Email Configuration tab/button always shows red, even when the service is running.

I am also unable to start/stop the mail processing service from the web interface. When I click the "Start Now" button under Email Monitor Settings, I receive an error: "Email Monitor Service start was not successful". In the server event log, I receive the following:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        NAMServerControl.dll

Date:          30/07/2018 9:48:51 AM

Event ID:      0

Task Category: None

Level:        Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      8912SCH000SW001.DETNSW.WIN

Description:

The description for Event ID 0 from source NAMServerControl.dll cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Service Controlling  HTTP transaction failed with result code  404 via URL: http://8912SCH000SW001:80/trackitbr/servicecontrol.asp?mode=Set&name=state&service=TrackIt Mail Processor - TrackItBR&value=4

I am able to start the service manually, however every time I do I also receive this event:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          30/07/2018 9:49:55 AM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:        Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      8912SCH000SW001.DETNSW.WIN

Description:

Faulting application name: TrackIt Mail Processor - TrackItBR.exe, version: 20.18.2.130, time stamp: 0x5afe7680

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.18895, time stamp: 0x5a4b127e

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000e6214

Faulting process id: 0x1b38

Faulting application start time: 0x01d42795a1b01ede

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC\Track-It!\MBA\TrackIt Mail Processor - TrackItBR.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 17a9a90b-938a-11e8-80d7-00155d2c0b01

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I believe this to be related to the error messages that users are getting when attempting to log jobs. I have confirmed that the Email Filter settings have been set to Not Filter based on email address, and this seems to work most of the time. At random times, even a registered Requestor will receive a return email stating that their email address could not be found by the help desk. This email also seems to come from the inbound email account, not the outbound account (which in our configuration is different).

Does anyone have a suggestion for what might be causing this issue?

• 6. Re: Create a catch all requestor for all unknown email addresses to use
                    Cris Coffey

I think you are probably going to need to contact tech support about this to do some troubleshooting. Support options can be found at support.trackit.com.

• 7. Re: Create a catch all requestor for all unknown email addresses to use
                      Ben Hillsley

Thanks Cris,

Turns out that there were two different issues present, and one of them was actually caused by a different piece of software.