2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2018 6:25 AM by Parag Ghanekar

Smart Reporting and Multi Tenancy

Parag Ghanekar
      Share This:

I may be wrong but Currently as far as i know smart reporting doesn't replicate multi tenancy permissions, and there is no option on the user profiles to restrict access to only certain operating company. Meaning anyone with smart Reporting access to create reports can see pretty much all data, and report on it. I can see this as a privacy/security issue as the person might need corp writer permission because they need to report as a part of their job requirement, but we dont want them to access all data irrespective of the group/company they belong to.

Is there a way to adapt this to cater for multi tenancy?

• 1. Re: Smart Reporting and Multi Tenancy
          Juergen Dannerbauer

Hi,

as far as i've seen Data Access in Smart Reporting is based on the RLS (Row Level Security) Fields in the queried forms as the query is an api call instead of direct sql.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Smart Reporting and Multi Tenancy
            Parag Ghanekar

Thanks Juergen,

got a similar answer from BMC on demand support as well.

Juergen Dannerbauer wrote:

Hi,

as far as i've seen Data Access in Smart Reporting is based on the RLS (Row Level Security) Fields in the queried forms as the query is an api call instead of direct sql.

"Yes, Smart reporting Support multi-tenancy. you can onborard the multiple companies in smart reporting. So user can view the reports only available for their companies.

Please Note: Smart reporting fetch the data in reports based on remedy permission. if user have access to data from remedy then user will able to see the data in the report."

1 of 1 people found this helpful