2 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2018 3:21 PM by Yvonne Thompson

Added op cats under Proposed no company relationships once enabled

Yvonne Thompson

Hey, so a coworker created 200 op cats under the status of Proposed (to tell them apart from the currently Enabled ones, to activate later), under the assumption that when they were enabled, Remedy would create the company relationships.  But I've Enabled the op cats and no relationships have been created.

When creating and Enabling an op cat right off the bat, Remedy takes care of this automatically.  Since I'm doing it in 2 steps, is there another step I have to do?

If I have to manually associate the company, I might as well create them all from scratch, but I'd rather not do that.. >_<

There has to be an easier way!

Thanks,

Yvonne

• 1. Re: Added op cats under Proposed no company relationships once enabled
          Jayson Skaria

Hey Yvonne ,

If you are okay to do a bulk import or update , you can follow the below steps -

1. Search or build an SQL query for the OpCats that you need to update on form "CFG:Service Catalog".

2. Capture the value for the "Categorization ID" field for all those records from this form .

3. Use the import tool , to update the 'company' value on the form "CFG:Service Catalog Assoc".

OR

1. I haven't tried this  but you could do a single import on form "CFG:Service Catalog LookUp".

Not sure if it works since its a join form.

Thanks

Jayson

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Added op cats under Proposed no company relationships once enabled
            Yvonne Thompson

Turns out they had in fact been created, they were just 'hiding'.

I wasn't able to find the company relationships while the op cats I created were in the Proposed state.  And when I marked all the existing company relationships as Disabled, it marked the hidden ones Disabled too.

Only when I Enabled the op cats, was I able to search for the related company relationships and re-Enable them individually.  Tedious!

I am never creating 'proposed' op cats again.  I'll create them and disable them manually if I don't want to see them right away. ^-^