3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2019 2:40 PM by Adriano Gomes

Control-M for z/OS availability report

Andras Smeller
      Share This:

Hi there,

is there any report to create for Control-M for z/OS availability? In the utility guide I didn't find any.

Thanks for your answers.

Have a nice day

Br

Andras

• 1. Re: Control-M for z/OS availability report
          Paul Robins

I'm not sure that this is available for any Control-M Server regardless of platform...?

Exception alerts might give you some indication of when a Control-M Server has disconnected, but there are no recovery messages generated so that doesn't really help.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Control-M for z/OS availability report
            Bentze Perlmutter

Hi Andras,

You can use the "data center disconnected/connected" alerts to get an idea of when Control-M for zOS was up down, but its not a full proof report.

I.e. it indicates when the EM Gateway connected/disconnected to Control-M for zOS, but a disconnection doesn't mean 100% that Control-M for zOS was down.

It can disconnect due to:

- network issue between EM and zOS

- EM issue (like EM DB full, down, broken)

- etc.

If you want a full proof report you probably want to use a third-party monitor like Mainview to monitor and report on availability of Control-M for zOS.

Regards,

Bentze

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Control-M for z/OS availability report
              Adriano Gomes

Hi Andras Smeller

I agree with Bentze Perlmutter. The same way in Control-M for Distributed you can find on proclog.save directory the history of control-M last start and end messages, you can definitely on Z/Os CONTROLM task log get the same info from CTM STC job log.

My Best.

A>Gomes

2 of 2 people found this helpful