3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2018 2:52 AM by Sonali Rathod

How SAAM will capture one DB instance into the model?

Christiane Menezes

In case of cam, I can capture one DB using the DB instance name. How SAAM will capture one DB instance into the model?   There are many DB instances into my DB Server , but just one belong a application that I am modeling . The problem is when I expand the application on Atrium Core , the application is relationshiped with all of DB instances into server.

• 1. Re: How SAAM will capture one DB instance into the model?
          Sonali Rathod

Hi Christiane,

Whenever we use SAAM for application mapping we simply select the required component and add that to application.

For adding specific DB instance, first add that DB software instance to application map after that expand DB collection it will show all the DB instance then from there you can remove other DB instance which are not in application.

By using this you will get DB instance which you want to add.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How SAAM will capture one DB instance into the model?
            Stefan Hall

Shouldn't this be automatically recognized by the communication relationships?

I know the DB mapping is a bit buggy and even with BMC's own products it doesn't work correctly. Especially there this should be quite easy, there is a jdbc connection, which can be read and mapped.

IMHO it shouldn't be a manual task. DISCO is an enterprise solution, isn't it?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How SAAM will capture one DB instance into the model?
              Sonali Rathod

Hi Stefan Hall,

Discovery discovers relationship between CI's automatically but for creating business application instance we need to manually map all the application related component under that particular application.

One DB instance can be a part of multiple applications, you need to add that DB instance manually to application instance definition.afterwards if discovery found any communication to application it will add that component in application model definition and Suggest model for review.

3 of 3 people found this helpful