5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2019 3:37 AM by Mark Francome

Schedule for ODATE - TIME , Not Processing TIME

Ihan Loops
      Share This:

Hello All,

I am new to control M. I am using workload Automation 8. Below is my question kindly help me to resolve the issues

I have 3 Jobs created. Job A, B and C and I am not able to achieve the schedule time.

Job A runs @ 11.45 AM

Job B waits on success of Job A

Job C runs @ 15.00 PM and waits for Job B's success

NDP Starts at 12 :00 PM  Everyday

All the jobs get's into monitoring (Waiting for next day to start) and Job A starts at 11.45 followed by Job B and Job C. Job C is not waiting for 15.00 PM and it run's immediately after completion of Job B.

After bit of investigation, I have understood the below things

After Deployment : Below status

ODATE : 15/04

Conditions : JobB_TO_JobC  (Add)

More Reasons : The job has not reached it's running time 15:00

NDP started at 12.00 PM

Current Odate : 16/04

Job ODATE : 15/04

Conditions : JobB_TO_JobC  (Add)

More Reasons : No more reasons.

My understanding is after NDP and it satisfies the condition of wait time 15:00 in 2 hours. And whole day it just wait's for the predecessors condition.

How to achieve  the job to run at 15:00 for the previously waiting job instead of just satisfying the condition?   I hope I'm clear explaining it.

My colleague told me to put a prerequisite command of sleep till 15:00 and after NDP , it will run exactly at ODATE 15.00.

Please help me.

• 1. Re: Schedule for ODATE - TIME , Not Processing TIME
          Adriano Gomes

Hi Ihan Loops

IMHO what I do suggest is :

1) if JOBS A, B and C are ordered with the SAME ORDER DATE(All the jobs get's into monitoring), you must set all JOBS that are planned to run after NDP (12:00) with ^max wait/keep active^ > than 1 so they will survive to Control-M NDP AJF clean up and be moved to next Day Active jobs with previus ODATE and conditions is going to match.

So, if JOB A takes long than 15 mins exec time, them JOBs A and B should have ^max wait/keep active^ set to at least 1.

2) if B and C is waiting for previus run of JOB A, the set IN CONDs to PREV .

I hope that it Helps you.

My Best

A>Gomes

3 of 3 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Schedule for ODATE - TIME , Not Processing TIME
            Mark Francome

Following on from Adriano`s reply, your conditions do not necessarily have to be date specific.

If you use STAT instead of ODAT for the conditions and then delete the conditions as soon as the dependent job completes OK (which is always good practice anyway) then the jobs will run across the NDP without the new ODATE being a problem.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Schedule for ODATE - TIME , Not Processing TIME
              Paul Robins

Hi Ihan,

I would place an 'until' time on JobC, perhaps 15:00 until 18:00, and ensure keep active is > 1.

When 15:00 on the order date occurs, JobB prereq will not have been met and JobC will not execute.

When JobB runs after 11:45am, it will add prereq for JobC, but JobC will not execute because it is out of time window.

At 15:00 on orderdate +1, the JobB prereq will have been met and the time window will be active, the job will run.

Hope this works for you,

Paul.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Schedule for ODATE - TIME , Not Processing TIME
                Bentze Perlmutter

I would follow Paul's suggestion but with an UNTIL TIME of 11:44 (one min before the FROM time of JOBA).

I.e.

JOBA should have FROM=1145, UNTIL= '>', Keep Active 1 (or above)

JOBB should have FROM=NULL, UNTIL=NULL , Keep Active 1 (or above)

JOBC should have FROM=1500, UNTIL=1144, Keep Active 1 (or above)

This way if JOBA and JOBB finish before 11:45:59 JOBC will still wait until 15:00.

Regards,

Bentze

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Schedule for ODATE - TIME , Not Processing TIME
                  Mark Francome

I should also point out that STAT conditions should be used sparingly, they are not the most elegant solution.

1 of 1 people found this helpful