1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2018 3:49 AM by Michael D

CentOS 7 upgrade steps

Todd Pasterski

We are on 11.1 and I want to get to 11.3 CentOS 7. Can I do that by simply backing up my current appliance, using the UI to install the CentOS 7 upgrade, upgrade to 11.3  and reapplying the backup? If not what are the steps I need to take to get there? Part of my misunderstanding may just be the titles of the files in EDP.

I've read the articles, listened to a recent webinar, read through questions and answers and I can't find specifically what needs to be done to get an appliance to CentOS 7.

In EDP do I use "BMC Discovery - OS Upgrade - CentOS 7- 64 bit - March 14 2018" in the UI, then apply "BMC Discovery 11.3.00 CentOS 6 Upgrade" then reapply my backup to get there?

The answer in centos 7 and 11.3 clarification is incomplete for my purpose but implies I can do what I ask above in the UI:

1. back up my current appliance.

2. use the UI to install the CentOS 7 upgrade with BMC Discovery - OS Upgrade - CentOS 7- 64 bit - March 14 2018

3. upgrade the appliance to 11.3 with BMC Discovery 11.3.00 CentOS 6 Upgrade

4. reapplying the backup

or maybe? :

1. back up my current appliance.

2. upgrade the appliance to 11.2 / BMC Discovery CentOS 6 Upgrade

3. reapplying the backup

4. upgrade the appliance to 11.3 with BMC Discovery 11.3.00 CentOS 6 Upgrade

5. use the UI to install the CentOS 7 upgrade with BMC Discovery - OS Upgrade - CentOS 7- 64 bit - March 14 2018

1 2 Previous Next