5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2018 8:35 PM by Josue Araujo

Jetty server is frozen

Josue Araujo

Hi Team:

I am using the jetty server integrated with the AR server and I enabled the 8443 port for this services. The jetty server is working fine.

I  can send request and the jetty server processing them without problem.

However, after making several requests, the service port remains frozen and at that moment, even if the service port is available, the following requests are no longer answered.

What we have done so far, since it is a plugin on the ARS server is to restart the BMC Remedy Action Request System Server service, this implies waiting for what this service takes to start (around 8-10 minutes) which It is a long time if we start working from this integration mechanism.

What I have done so far, since it is an add-on to the ARS server, is to restart the BMC Remedy Action Request System server service, this means waiting for it to start service (around 8-10 minutes), which means wait a lot.

I have three questions about it:

1.- Are there some tuning options for the jetty server to support high processing loads?

2.-Can the Jetty Server service start and stop and not depend on the restart response time of the BMC ARS Server, which is a long timeout?

3.- How can troubleshoot be done when I have problems that the jetty server service is frozen?

Thanks in advanced to all.

Josue Araujo

AIS

• 1. Re: Jetty server is frozen
          LJ LongWing

Josue,

Jetty isn't an 'add-on', it's embedded in the Remedy server, so there is no way to stop/start it independently of the AR Server.  Regarding all other questions, open a ticket with Support and work directly with them to get detailed answers to your questions.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Jetty server is frozen
            Josue Araujo

Hello LJ LongWing

Is nice know about you.

I comment you that I have already opened a case with the BMC support teeam and I have already put these questions in the case. Any update I will be adding in this post.

Thank you very much.

• 3. Re: Jetty server is frozen
              Jason Miller

Hello Josue Araujo,

I am seeing the same thing in my DEV environment where I am working on putting some PowerShell scripts together that call the rest api. After a few successful calls my script will start timing with no response from the AR Server. I need to restart AR Server before I can make more rest calls.

Did you ever find a solution for this?

AR 9.1.02 p001

• 4. Re: Jetty server is frozen
                Jason Miller

I found the following thread not long after posting the above reply:  Re: Remedy REST API stops responding after a period of time

I have been trying this (authenticating with username/password in the body instead of the URL) for the last few days and so far I have not needed to restart AR Server due to Jetty no longer responding.

• 5. Re: Jetty server is frozen
                  Josue Araujo

Hi Jason Miller, sorry for the delayed response.

I told you that I developed a mobile application that used Rest API to make calls to BMC Remedy, specifically to forms related to the BMC Incident Management module.

During the development, the authentication credentials I was doing sending requests through the url of the request as parameters, I told you that I received a response from the requests but after several requests the server was shocked and stopped responding to the requests. To respond again, it was necessary to restart the entire ARS.

So I create a support ticket to clarify this point and what they told me is that the call was incorrect, so the credentials should go in the body of the request and not as parameters in the URL.

Por example:

POST /api/jwt/login HTTP/1.1
                  Host: testserver:8008
                  Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
                  Cache-Control: no-cache
                  Postman-Token: 67507421-b2e5-48b9-a690-b1c23febe42c

username=Demo&password=123

After applying these changes the server was not shocked and worked without problems.

Applying in a Postman Utility, the information must be defined like this:

In my code, i add the parameters in the body of request:

One tips more:

The application works without problems, the user logs in with his username and password (Rest API login request POST / api / jwt / login), and sends requests to a custom form using the BMC incident Management module, and sends update requests or query (REST API GET and PUT operations) and also create records in custom forms (REST API POST / entr / {formName}). Everything works correctly.

But the Users that work with this app  have a floating license and permission from Incident User, their status in People is active and they are also associated with the support groups needed to operate, since they will be tracking some tickets through the mobile application.

However, sometimes there are errors related to the user's session, then I show them:

Mar Sep 11 12: 02: 28.664 2018 - RestAPI User Name: 7200365 From: 201.175.165.226 AR Error (9093) User is currently connected from another machine.
                  Mar Sep 11 12: 02: 32.640 2018 - RestAPI User Name: 7716089 From: 201.175.150.227 AR Error (9093) User is currently connected from another machine.

These errors sometimes appear and do not let users work with the application generating errors like the ones I show in a screenshot that I add.

The equitment from which they login session is the same (their cell phone work through the cellular data network) and do not connect through another computer.

What I sometimes do so that they can continue working is to release the session through the Manage User License form and they can re-enter to continue operating, but this can only be done for 24 hours.

The response of support team was:

For each request, you need to apply a set of requests such as the following:

1. REST API LOGIN
                  2. REST API Operation
                  3. REST API LOGOUT

OR

1. REST API LOGIN
                  2. REST API Operación1, REST API Operación2, ... REST API OperationN
                  3. REST API LOGOUT

Best Regards.

Josue Araujo

1 of 1 people found this helpful