5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2018 10:10 AM by EVGENY ZIABKO

ERROR DURING FREEMAIN of NGT REORG

EVGENY ZIABKO
      Share:|

Hi community members.

I ran REORG utility NGT for DB2 V12.01.00 with parameters REGION=512M, MEMLIMIT=2G.

The utility ended OK, however in JESMSGLG this message was produced:

IEA705I ERROR DURING FREEMAIN SYS CODE = A78-10

Is it a correct behavior?

• 1. Re: ERROR DURING FREEMAIN of NGT REORG
          Phil Grainger

Hi Evgeny

Have you raised this with BMC Support? They are best placed to help understand what is happening here

• 2. Re: ERROR DURING FREEMAIN of NGT REORG
            Tom Barry

Hi Evgeny,

As Phil mentions, the best way to get answers for errors like this is to open a case with BMC Support.  This will enable Support to gather all the needed output and other information and resolve your issue as quickly as possible.  You can do this through logging into Case Management on www.bmc.com/support. 

Thank you,

Tom Barry

Sr. Mgr - Technical Support

ZSolutions Customer Success

• 3. Re: ERROR DURING FREEMAIN of NGT REORG
              EVGENY ZIABKO

Tom and Phil,

thanks for replies.

I just wished to verify if it is a known problem.

Collecting and and sending outputs is a bit problematic from security point of view.

• 4. Re: ERROR DURING FREEMAIN of NGT REORG
                Tom Barry

Evgeny,

I did a search for A78 against NGT Reorg but did not find anything in our system.  To really see what is going on we would need to see at least the output to see what modules are involved and if there was anything else that might cause it.  To answer your original question, no this is not normal behavior for the product.  It could be due to the MEMLIMIT of 2G or Region size.  We do recommend running with REGION=0M and excluding NGT from any system exits that might override this. 

Sorry if I couldn't be more help, but we would really need to have a case opened and output to see what is fully happening with this reorg.

Thank you,

Tom Barry

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: ERROR DURING FREEMAIN of NGT REORG
                  EVGENY ZIABKO

Thanks Tom,

You answer that it is not a known problem is enough for me. We do not really use NGT Reorg, only perform some tests with it. Our system team is not happy with the idea to enable unlimited memory consumption to the utility.

Regards