13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2019 9:44 AM by Duininck IS

TrackIt 2018 Email monitor not creating tickets

Christopher Dry
      Share This:

So we've migrated Track-It! 11.4.0 over to Track-It 2018 using the provided migration tool, only had a few issues with requestors who were no longer in AD, but were still in Track-It.

After turning on the email monitoring and linking it up to the Office 365 account it'll be pointing at it passed the test without issue. But then I noticed it started behaving weirdly. The service "Track-It Mail Monitor" would crash and time out stopping and restart itself. It was generating errors that indicated it was corrupting .Net. So I added all the modules under .Net framework 3.5 and 4.7, as well as updating them. After that it operated without crashing or errors in event viewer, but isn't importing my emails as tickets.

It's set to check every 30 seconds (have tried various time changes). New emails won't get changed to read (the setting its on) until something like 5-10 minutes later. Even after that they fail to show in the system. No amount of filtering or checking can find them.

Is there something I'm missing? When I was testing the system before migration, I found it slow to email out automatic emails for things like ticket creation and assignment. I've also tried running debugview as specified to view the log, but I can't figure out how to make it show. I've also turned on logging for incoming emails.

• 1. Re: TrackIt 2018 Email monitor not creating tickets
          Cris Coffey

Hey Chris, you may want to call support because it sounds like something strange is going on. Just one thing to check though. Did you turn on the business rules that turn emails into tickets? There are some canned ones provided for you but you can create your own if you want the processing handled differently.

• 2. Re: TrackIt 2018 Email monitor not creating tickets
            Ken Soszka

Chris, I noticed this:

"It's set to check every 30 seconds (have tried various time changes). New emails won't get changed to read (the setting its on) until something like 5-10 minutes later. Even after that they fail to show in the system. No amount of filtering or checking can find them."

Is your Track-It! 11.4 server still running, and checking the same mailbox by chance? If not please open a support case as Cris suggested, just something that I've seen before on Track-It! migrations to a new server.

• 3. Re: TrackIt 2018 Email monitor not creating tickets
              Brian Da Silva

Hi Christopher,

This looks like a  .NET framework issue. Can you try the fix provided in the following article Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Reliability Update 1 (KB2533523) from Official Microsoft Download Center and see if the error in the event logs goes away?

Thanks

Brian Dasilva

• 4. Re: TrackIt 2018 Email monitor not creating tickets
                Christopher Dry

I've had a little luck. I ended up reinstalling TrackIt 2018 twice. The first time it failed to connect to the SQL server, the second time it went OK but wasn't connecting to SQL properly, so I had to manually run the setup tool for SQL so I could add credentials and reset them in TrackIt. While this has allowed emails to be read and then added as tickets, I still have an issue with the mail processor service crashing due to .Net.

I get the following errors:

Event 1023, .NET Runtime

Application: TrackIt Mail Processor - TrackItBR.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 737E0493 (736B0000) with exit code 80131506.

Event 1000, Application Error

Faulting application name: TrackIt Mail Processor - TrackItBR.exe, version: 20.18.1.354, time stamp: 0x5a42350f

Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.7.2558.0, time stamp: 0x59d413ce

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00130493

Faulting process id: 0xee8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3b5b8b63b82e3

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC\Track-It!\MBA\TrackIt Mail Processor - TrackItBR.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll

Report Id: ab45f235-8559-4399-bac3-7a4affcde734

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have done latest updates to .Net framework. I can't install the one linked above as it's too old apparently. I am forcing latest OS updates using the latest CU for 2016 server, which we'll see if it resolves it or not.

• 5. Re: TrackIt 2018 Email monitor not creating tickets
                  Christopher Dry

Nothing resolved after updates. I've had to set the server to automatically restart when it fails.

• 6. Re: TrackIt 2018 Email monitor not creating tickets
                    Graham Halkett

Chris, did you ever get this fixed?

I am also stuck with this error!  I had a slightly different error, then enabling the BR...I get the exact same error!

Graham

• 7. Re: TrackIt 2018 Email monitor not creating tickets
                      Graham Halkett

Any luck with this?  Same error here!

• 8. Re: TrackIt 2018 Email monitor not creating tickets
                        Cris Coffey

Best option here would be to contact tech support. They may have a solution or work around for this.

• 9. Re: TrackIt 2018 Email monitor not creating tickets
                          Lionel Amado

Same error here!

Is there any existing solution for this ?

• 10. Re: TrackIt 2018 Email monitor not creating tickets
                            Eric Liszt

Hi All,

I love all the teamwork that happens on this forum and how great everyone is at providing solutions.  You guys rock.  Thank you for everything you do to help each other as well as to help us.

That said, I do want to encourage everyone to please contact their support provider and log a case when you run into a roadblock like this.   The sooner the case is logged, the sooner we can begin working on an issue. 

IMPORTANT:

We really need you to log a case even if you see someone else has already done so and gotten a defect number.   There are two reasons this is important:

• The first is that when we prioritize our work, part of the consideration is the number of customers impacted by a defect.  So by logging a case and associating it with the defect, you increase it's priority in our queue.

• Secondly, when we release a product update that addresses the defect, we'll email you to let you know.

Logging a case like this can be very simple.  Just go to the online system and create a case that says, "I'm having the same issue as stated in defect <defect number> Please link me to that defect."   Our technicians will then link your case to the existing defect record and then close out the case.   Even though the case is closed, the link remains.  This gives us the ability to pull up a list of all impacted customers once the defect is fixed and then email you.

Thanks!

• 11. Re: TrackIt 2018 Email monitor not creating tickets
                              Brad Dupuis

Did you ever figure this out? I get the same error, and support has not been able to provide me with a solution yet

• 12. Re: TrackIt 2018 Email monitor not creating tickets
                                Brian Da Silva

Hello Chris,

Can you share the following information to further troubleshoot this issue?

1. How many emails are present in the monitored Inbox folder?

2. When the Mail monitor service fails, is there a scheduled job also running around the same time?

3. Are you also observing the Job Monitor service failing as well?

• 13. Re: TrackIt 2018 Email monitor not creating tickets
                                  Duininck IS

I know that this is an old post, but we had been working to resolve this issue for the last 3+ weeks and just were able to figure out the underlying problem.  BMC Support confirmed that, especially when working with Office 365 email hosted in Exchange Online, that the number of emails in the Inbox folder needs to be 1,000 or fewer (in some cases this number was larger - up to 5,000, but the recommended number was less than 1,000).

In our case we had over 67,000 emails in our Support's Inbox folder, and when trying to poll that many within the 60 second poll time limit we had set up was causing the service to crash, and thus never be able to initialize the mailbox to create new tickets.  I've confirmed that by configuring a different mailbox hosted in Exchange Online with far fewer emails has completely rectified our issue.  We now are able to successfully poll that mailbox, it is auto-creating tickets as expected, and the Mail Processor Service has not crashed since mapping this additional mailbox.

As we want to continue to use our established Support mailbox we were told that the solution is to create a separate sub-folder on our existing Support mailbox and move all of the old emails to it.  Once that is done, we should be able to successfully poll our original mailbox.  BMC Support confirmed that TrackIt only polls the Inbox folder, so though all the emails still exist in a sub-folder, it doesn't cause the service to hang as it's not trying to poll all 67,000+ emails that are still stored within the mailbox.  I have yet to test this theory out, so I'll update this post once I get all of those emails moved to the sub folder.

Edit: I was able to verify that once all of our emails from the Inbox folder were moved to a separate folder on our primary Support mailbox that we were able to successfully re-map that Inbox as an IMAP mailbox type in the Incoming Emails configuration page.  Everything is now working as expected.

1 of 1 people found this helpful