1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2018 7:23 PM by Shiva Mallinar

Setting up IDE and Innovation Studio SDK - Maven and other versions

Shiva Mallinar

All:

Looking at this doc site for setting up the IDE and IS SDK environment:

Setting up your IDE and installing Innovation Suite SDK - Documentation for Innovation Suite - BMC Documentation

In the above link, there are specific versions of IDE components mentioned.

I started with the latest versions for these components, like Maven etc as below:

jdk 1.8.0_162

node -v = 8.9.4

npm -v = 5.6.0

mvn -v = 3.5.2

yarn --version = 1.3.2

Eclipse IDE = Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2)

Query: For a starter in module 2, are there any restrictions on what version to use and not use the latest?

Next I am trying to follow the steps per the link as below:

Setting up the Sample Meal Program Library Project - Documentation for Innovation Suite - BMC Documentation

Here are some issues:

1. I changed pom.xml per the doc to my developer id; I got error with compiling the library "meal-application-lib" using "mvn clean install"; It did not like my developer id but wanted com.example.

2. Next I reverted pom.xml back to whats given in the module sample, kept the developer id as com.example, I got the below error:

===

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] Reactor Summary:

[INFO]

[INFO] meal-program-lib-all ............................... SUCCESS [  0.876 s]

[INFO] Meal Program Library ............................... FAILURE [  7.197 s]

[INFO] meal-program-lib-package ........................... SKIPPED

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

[INFO] Total time: 16.599 s

[INFO] Finished at: 2018-02-26T22:48:01-08:00

[INFO] Final Memory: 15M/511M

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project meal-program-lib: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.example:meal-program-lib:bundle:1.0-SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts could not be resolved: com.bmc.arsys:com.bmc.arsys.rx.standardlib:jar:17.8.0-SNAPSHOT, com.bmc.arsys:com.bmc.arsys.rx.services:jar:17.8.0-SNAPSHOT, com.bmc.arsys:com.bmc.arsys.rx.application:jar:17.8.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact com.bmc.arsys:com.bmc.arsys.rx.standardlib:jar:17.8.0-SNAPSHOT -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.

[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

[ERROR]

[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException

[ERROR]

[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command

[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :meal-program-lib

===

3. Next I saw my IS SDK was version 17.11.0, but pom.xml was refering to below:

<rx-sdk.version>17.8.0-SNAPSHOT</rx-sdk.version>

So I changed it to 17.11.0 and ran "mvn  clean install"; It ran and gave me some other error as below:

===

[INFO] Reactor Summary:

[INFO]

[INFO] meal-program-lib-all ............................... SUCCESS [  0.165 s]

[INFO] Meal Program Library ............................... FAILURE [01:02 min]

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

[INFO] Total time: 01:03 min

[INFO] Finished at: 2018-02-27T22:34:22-08:00

[INFO] Final Memory: 23M/619M

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (grunt-build) on project meal-program-lib: An Ant BuildException has occured: exec returned: 1

[ERROR] around Ant part ...<exec failonerror="true" dir="C:\_IS\Projects\meal-program-lib\bundle" executable="cmd" osfamily="windows">... @ 37:110 in C:\_IS\Projects\meal-program-lib\bundle\target\antrun\build-main.xml

[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.

[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

[ERROR]

[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

[ERROR]

[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command

[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :meal-program-lib

===

4. The pom.xml seems to have many copies in sub-folders of the meal-program-lib extracted zip file; Do we need to modify all of them?

5. The main pom.xml in my case has the below; Anything to change in that? As I mentioned, changing groupid to my developer id did not help;

===

<groupId>com.example</groupId>

<artifactId>meal-program-lib-all</artifactId>

<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

<packaging>pom</packaging>

<properties>

<!-- START: Bundle specific configuration. Verify and Change as per environment -->

<developerUserName>DEVELOPER</developerUserName>

<developerPassword>URL!</developerPassword>

<rx-sdk.bundleDeveloperId>${project.groupId}</rx-sdk.bundleDeveloperId>

===

6. I think my folders are messed up with multiple runs of "mvn..."; How and what do I clean up before next run to reinstall assuming someone helps me to fix the issue? Is there a way to do mvn "reinstall" ?

Appreciate any help from gurus to get past the teething issues! Thanks.

• 1. Re: Setting up IDE and Innovation Studio SDK - Maven and other versions
          Priyankur Nishant

Hi Shiva,

If if are moving from 17.08 sdk to 17.11, you also need to clean content of bmc folder located at C:\Users\Administrator\.m2\repository\com\bmc and then you need to install 17.11 sdk and set its folder location in environment variable as RX_SDK_HOME.

if extracted sdk lib is lying in C:\sdk\com.bmc.arsys.rx.sdk-17.11.0\lib then RX_SDK_HOME=C:\sdk\com.bmc.arsys.rx.sdk-17.11.0.

main pom of the project has to have rx-sdk.version set as sdk that is installed on your system and set to RX_SDK_HOME (both has to be same), example for 17.11 sdk is :

<rx-sdk.version>17.11.0-SNAPSHOT</rx-sdk.version>

Please check this and retry compilation, if still problem exits then paste the full trace of log.

Thanks,

Priyankur

• 2. Re: Setting up IDE and Innovation Studio SDK - Maven and other versions
            Shiva Mallinar

Hi Priyankur,

I started with SDK 17.11.0, not 17.8.0.

RX_SDK_HOME points correctly to 17.11.0 as you mentioned.

Your module 2 lab "meal-program-lib.zip" still points to SDK 17.8.0, that was the first issue;

When my sandbox was upgraded by BMC, the BMC Module 2 lab doc did not get updated on what to do if that happens, so may be a section in your lab module doc on what to change and where will be nice to start with.

I'll retry per your steps and let you know; Meanwhile:

Now back to my original post, are there any issues using the latest versions of these software?

jdk 1.8.0_162

node -v = 8.9.4

npm -v = 5.6.0

mvn -v = 3.5.2

yarn --version = 1.3.2

Eclipse IDE for Java = Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2)

• 3. Re: Setting up IDE and Innovation Studio SDK - Maven and other versions
              Shiva Mallinar

Hi,

Specific to the newer versions that I have, what should I change in the below in pom.xml?

How do I identify what versions I have to use in these properties?

===

What to change below?

<!-- Project common Properties -->

<project.build.sourceEncoding>UTF-8</project.build.sourceEncoding>

<javac.version>1.8</javac.version>

<!-- I changed the below from 2.5.0 to 3.5.2 based on mvn version I have -->

<maven-bundle-plugin.version>3.5.2</maven-bundle-plugin.version>

<equinox.framework.version>?</equinox.framework.version>

<jersey.version>?</jersey.version>

<jackson.version>?</jackson.version>

<aspectj.version>?</aspectj.version>

<spring.version>?</spring.version>

<javax.validation.api.version>?</javax.validation.api.version>

<hibernate-validator.version>?</hibernate-validator.version>

<testng.version>?</testng.version>

<joda-time.version>?</joda-time.version>

<rx-sdk.groupId>com.bmc.arsys</rx-sdk.groupId>

<!-- I changed the below from 17.8 to 17.11 based on sdk version I have -->

===

• 4. Re: Setting up IDE and Innovation Studio SDK - Maven and other versions
                Shiva Mallinar

Hi,

Here's the pom.xml used:

===

<!-- Project common Properties -->

<project.build.sourceEncoding>UTF-8</project.build.sourceEncoding>

<javac.version>1.8</javac.version>

<maven-bundle-plugin.version>3.5.2</maven-bundle-plugin.version>

<equinox.framework.version>3.9.1-v20130814-1242</equinox.framework.version>

<jersey.version>2.22.2</jersey.version>

<jackson.version>2.7.5</jackson.version>

<aspectj.version>1.8.4</aspectj.version>

<spring.version>4.1.2.RELEASE</spring.version>

<javax.validation.api.version>1.1.0.Final</javax.validation.api.version>

<hibernate-validator.version>5.2.3.Final</hibernate-validator.version>

<testng.version>6.8.8</testng.version>

<joda-time.version>1.6.2</joda-time.version>

<rx-sdk.groupId>com.bmc.arsys</rx-sdk.groupId>

===

And here's the error:

mvn -e -X clean install

===

Apache Maven 3.5.2 (138edd61fd100ec658bfa2d307c43b76940a5d7d; 2017-10-18T00:58:13-07:00)

Maven home: C:\Program Files\apache-maven-3.5.2\bin\..

Java version: 1.8.0_162, vendor: Oracle Corporation

Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_162\jre

Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252

OS name: "windows 10", version: "10.0", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

[DEBUG] Created new class realm maven.api

[DEBUG] Importing foreign packages into class realm maven.api

[DEBUG]   Imported: javax.annotation.* < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: javax.enterprise.inject.* < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: javax.enterprise.util.* < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: javax.inject.* < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.* < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.artifact < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.classrealm < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.cli < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.configuration < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.exception < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.execution < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.execution.scope < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.lifecycle < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.model < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.monitor < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.plugin < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.profiles < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.project < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.reporting < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.repository < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.rtinfo < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.settings < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.toolchain < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.usability < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.wagon.* < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.wagon.authentication < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.wagon.authorization < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.wagon.events < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.wagon.observers < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.wagon.proxy < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.wagon.repository < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.wagon.resource < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.classworlds < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.* < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.component < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.configuration < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.container < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.context < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.lifecycle < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.logging < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.personality < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.Xpp3Dom < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.XmlPullParser < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.XmlPullParserException < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.XmlSerializer < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.eclipse.aether.* < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.eclipse.aether.artifact < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.eclipse.aether.collection < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.eclipse.aether.deployment < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.eclipse.aether.graph < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.eclipse.aether.impl < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.eclipse.aether.installation < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.eclipse.aether.metadata < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.eclipse.aether.repository < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.eclipse.aether.resolution < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.eclipse.aether.spi < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.eclipse.aether.transfer < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.eclipse.aether.version < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.fusesource.jansi.* < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.slf4j.* < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.slf4j.helpers.* < plexus.core

[DEBUG]   Imported: org.slf4j.spi.* < plexus.core

[DEBUG] Populating class realm maven.api

[INFO] Error stacktraces are turned on.

[DEBUG] Message scheme: color

[DEBUG] Message styles: debug info warning error success failure strong mojo project

[DEBUG] Reading global settings from C:\Program Files\apache-maven-3.5.2\bin\..\conf\settings.xml

[DEBUG] Reading user settings from C:\Users\Administrator\.m2\settings.xml

[DEBUG] Reading global toolchains from C:\Program Files\apache-maven-3.5.2\bin\..\conf\toolchains.xml

[DEBUG] Reading user toolchains from C:\Users\Administrator\.m2\toolchains.xml

[DEBUG] Using local repository at C:\Users\Administrator\.m2\repository

[DEBUG] Using manager EnhancedLocalRepositoryManager with priority 10.0 for C:\Users\Administrator\.m2\repository

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[DEBUG] Extension realms for project com.example:meal-program-lib-all:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT: (none)

[DEBUG] Looking up lifecycle mappings for packaging pom from ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]

[DEBUG] Using transporter WagonTransporter with priority -1.0 for https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2

[DEBUG] Using connector BasicRepositoryConnector with priority 0.0 for https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2

Downloading from central: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/felix/maven-bundle-plugin/3.5.2/maven-bundle-plugin-3.5.2.pom

[DEBUG] Writing tracking file C:\Users\Administrator\.m2\repository\org\apache\felix\maven-bundle-plugin\3.5.2\maven-bundle-plugin-3.5.2.pom.lastUpdated

[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:jar:3.5.2 is missing, no dependency information available

[DEBUG] Dependency collection stats: {ConflictMarker.analyzeTime=874490, ConflictMarker.markTime=337455, ConflictMarker.nodeCount=1, ConflictIdSorter.graphTime=499306, ConflictIdSorter.topsortTime=415383, ConflictIdSorter.conflictIdCount=1, ConflictIdSorter.conflictIdCycleCount=0, ConflictResolver.totalTime=113902037, ConflictResolver.conflictItemCount=1, DefaultDependencyCollector.collectTime=1489946357, DefaultDependencyCollector.transformTime=118331260}

[DEBUG] org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:jar:3.5.2:

[DEBUG]    org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:runtime

[DEBUG] Using transporter WagonTransporter with priority -1.0 for https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2

[DEBUG] Using connector BasicRepositoryConnector with priority 0.0 for https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2

Downloading from central: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/felix/maven-bundle-plugin/3.5.2/maven-bundle-plugin-3.5.2.jar

Downloading from central: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.1/plexus-utils-1.1.jar

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (2.1/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (4.9/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (7.6/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (10/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (13/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (16/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (19/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (21/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (24/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (27/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (30/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (32/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (36/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (40/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (44/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (49/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (53/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (57/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (61/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (65/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (69/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (73/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (77/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (81/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (85/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (89/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (94/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (98/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (102/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (106/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (110/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (114/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (118/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (122/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (126/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (130/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (135/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (139/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (143/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (147/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (151/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (155/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (159/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (163/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (167/169 kB)

Progress (1): plexus-utils-1.1.jar (169 kB)   

Downloaded from central: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.1/plexus-utils-1.1.jar (169 kB at 1.2 MB/s)

[DEBUG] Writing tracking file C:\Users\Administrator\.m2\repository\org\apache\felix\maven-bundle-plugin\3.5.2\maven-bundle-plugin-3.5.2.jar.lastUpdated

[DEBUG] Writing tracking file C:\Users\Administrator\.m2\repository\org\codehaus\plexus\plexus-utils\1.1\_remote.repositories

[DEBUG] Writing tracking file C:\Users\Administrator\.m2\repository\org\codehaus\plexus\plexus-utils\1.1\plexus-utils-1.1.jar.lastUpdated

[DEBUG] Looking up lifecycle mappings for packaging bundle from ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]

[DEBUG] Extension realms for project com.example:meal-program-lib-package:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT: (none)

[DEBUG] Looking up lifecycle mappings for packaging pom from ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]

[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:

[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:3.5.2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:jar:3.5.2 in central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) @

[ERROR] Unknown packaging: bundle @ line 13, column 16

@

[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]

org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:

[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:3.5.2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:jar:3.5.2 in central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) @

[ERROR] Unknown packaging: bundle @ line 13, column 16

at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build (DefaultProjectBuilder.java:382)

at org.apache.maven.graph.DefaultGraphBuilder.collectProjects (DefaultGraphBuilder.java:400)

at org.apache.maven.graph.DefaultGraphBuilder.getProjectsForMavenReactor (DefaultGraphBuilder.java:391)

at org.apache.maven.graph.DefaultGraphBuilder.build (DefaultGraphBuilder.java:78)

at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.buildGraph (DefaultMaven.java:511)

at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:221)

at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:194)

at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute (DefaultMaven.java:107)

at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute (MavenCli.java:955)

at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain (MavenCli.java:290)

at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main (MavenCli.java:194)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:498)

at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced (Launcher.java:289)

at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch (Launcher.java:229)

at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:415)

at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main (Launcher.java:356)

[ERROR]  

[ERROR]   The project com.example:meal-program-lib:1.0-SNAPSHOT (C:\_IS\Projects\meal-program-lib\bundle\pom.xml) has 2 errors

[ERROR]     Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:3.5.2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:jar:3.5.2 in central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) -> [Help 2]

org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManagerException: Plugin org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:3.5.2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:jar:3.5.2 in central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)

at org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.setupExtensionsRealm (DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:848)

at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuildingHelper.createProjectRealm (DefaultProjectBuildingHelper.java:197)

at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultModelBuildingListener.buildExtensionsAssembled (DefaultModelBuildingListener.java:100)

at org.apache.maven.model.building.ModelBuildingEventCatapult$1.fire (ModelBuildingEventCatapult.java:44)

at org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.fireEvent (DefaultModelBuilder.java:1348)

at org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.build (DefaultModelBuilder.java:443)

at org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.build (DefaultModelBuilder.java:423)

at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build (DefaultProjectBuilder.java:580)

at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build (DefaultProjectBuilder.java:587)

at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build (DefaultProjectBuilder.java:372)

at org.apache.maven.graph.DefaultGraphBuilder.collectProjects (DefaultGraphBuilder.java:400)

at org.apache.maven.graph.DefaultGraphBuilder.getProjectsForMavenReactor (DefaultGraphBuilder.java:391)

at org.apache.maven.graph.DefaultGraphBuilder.build (DefaultGraphBuilder.java:78)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced (Launcher.java:289)

at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:415)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginResolutionException: Plugin org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:3.5.2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:jar:3.5.2 in central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)

at org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolveInternal (DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:218)

at org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolve (DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:149)

at org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.resolveExtensionArtifacts (DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:910)

at org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.setupExtensionsRealm (DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:841)

at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuildingHelper.createProjectRealm (DefaultProjectBuildingHelper.java:197)

at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultModelBuildingListener.buildExtensionsAssembled (DefaultModelBuildingListener.java:100)

at org.apache.maven.model.building.ModelBuildingEventCatapult$1.fire (ModelBuildingEventCatapult.java:44)

at org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.fireEvent (DefaultModelBuilder.java:1348)

at org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.build (DefaultModelBuilder.java:443)

at org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.build (DefaultModelBuilder.java:423)

at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build (DefaultProjectBuilder.java:580)

at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build (DefaultProjectBuilder.java:587)

at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build (DefaultProjectBuilder.java:372)

Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Could not find artifact org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:jar:3.5.2 in central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)

at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve (DefaultArtifactResolver.java:422)

at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts (DefaultArtifactResolver.java:224)

at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies (DefaultRepositorySystem.java:338)

at org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolveInternal (DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:210)

at org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolve (DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:149)

at org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.resolveExtensionArtifacts (DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:910)

at org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.setupExtensionsRealm (DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:841)

Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Could not find artifact org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:jar:3.5.2 in central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)

at org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.ArtifactTransportListener.transferFailed (ArtifactTransportListener.java:48)

at org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector$TaskRunner.run (BasicRepositoryConnector.java:365)

at org.eclipse.aether.util.concurrency.RunnableErrorForwarder$1.run (RunnableErrorForwarder.java:75)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run (Thread.java:748)

[ERROR]     Unknown packaging: bundle @ line 13, column 16

[ERROR]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException

[ERROR] [Help 2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginManagerException

===

• 5. Re: Setting up IDE and Innovation Studio SDK - Maven and other versions
                  Shiva Mallinar

Hi, I had to hunt myself and got past that error due to Maven plugin version. Based on what library plugin thats available in maven site, I had to set pom.xml to use 3.5.0!

Now the new issue is with the below; I'll continue hunting; Let me know if you can help.

BTW, I see your new sample meal library is referencing 18.2, which is not yet upgraded in our developer portal. Our portal is 17.11.1.

===

[INFO] Reactor Summary:[INFO]

[INFO] meal-program-lib-all ............................... SUCCESS [  0.625 s]

[INFO] Meal Program Library ............................... FAILURE [  1.304 s]

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

[INFO] Total time: 8.845 s

[INFO] Finished at: 2018-03-02T16:11:09-08:00

[INFO] Final Memory: 18M/491M

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project meal-program-lib: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.example:meal-program-lib:bundle:1.0-SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts could not be resolved: com.bmc.arsys:com.bmc.arsys.rx.standardlib:jar:17.11.0-SNAPSHOT, com.bmc.arsys:com.bmc.arsys.rx.services:jar:17.11.0-SNAPSHOT, com.bmc.arsys:com.bmc.arsys.rx.application:jar:17.11.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact com.bmc.arsys:com.bmc.arsys.rx.standardlib:jar:17.11.0-SNAPSHOT -> [Help 1]

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal on project meal-program-lib: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.example:meal-program-lib:bundle:1.0-SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts could not be resolved: com.bmc.arsys:com.bmc.arsys.rx.standardlib:jar:17.11.0-SNAPSHOT, com.bmc.arsys:com.bmc.arsys.rx.services:jar:17.11.0-SNAPSHOT, com.bmc.arsys:com.bmc.arsys.rx.application:jar:17.11.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact com.bmc.arsys:com.bmc.arsys.rx.standardlib:jar:17.11.0-SNAPSHOT

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies (LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:249)

===

• 6. Re: Setting up IDE and Innovation Studio SDK - Maven and other versions
                    Shiva Mallinar

Got past error with SDK jar files;

Next compile is more involved;

1. Some commands script errors like:

===

Class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.condition.IsSet loaded from parent loader (parentFirst)

[exec] Current OS is Windows 10

[exec] Executing 'cmd' with arguments:

[exec] '/c'

[exec] 'npm'

[exec] 'config'

[exec] 'set'

[exec] 'color'

[exec] 'false'

[exec]

[exec] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are

[exec] not part of the command.

Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: Executing 'cmd' with arguments:

'/c'

'npm'

'config'

'set'

'color'

'false'

The ' characters around the executable and arguments are

not part of the command.

[exec] Current OS is Windows 10

[exec] Executing 'cmd' with arguments:

[exec] '/c'

[exec] 'npm'

[exec] 'install'

[exec]

[exec] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are

[exec] not part of the command.

Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: Executing 'cmd' with arguments:

'/c'

'npm'

'install'

===

2. Looks like python is necessary and it was not in list of components to install:

Setting up your IDE and installing Innovation Suite SDK - Documentation for Innovation Suite - BMC Documentation

===

Building: C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe C:\_IS\Projects\meal-program-lib\bundle\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js rebuild --verbose --libsass_ext= --libsass_cflags= --libsass_ldflags= --libsass_library=

[exec] gyp info it worked if it ends with ok

[exec] gyp verb cli [ 'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe',

[exec] gyp verb cli   'C:\\_IS\\Projects\\meal-program-lib\\bundle\\node_modules\\node-gyp\\bin\\node-gyp.js',

[exec] gyp verb cli   'rebuild',

[exec] gyp verb cli   '--verbose',

[exec] gyp verb cli   '--libsass_ext=',

[exec] gyp verb cli   '--libsass_cflags=',

[exec] gyp verb cli   '--libsass_ldflags=',

[exec] gyp verb cli   '--libsass_library=' ]

[exec] gyp info using node-gyp@3.6.2

[exec] gyp info using node@8.9.4 | win32 | x64

[exec] gyp verb command rebuild []

[exec] gyp verb command clean []

[exec] gyp verb clean removing "build" directory

[exec] gyp verb command configure []

[exec] gyp verb check python checking for Python executable "python2" in the PATH

[exec] gyp verb `which` failed Error: not found: python2

[exec] gyp verb `which` failed     at F (C:\_IS\Projects\meal-program-lib\bundle\node_modules\which\which.js:40:28)

[exec] gyp verb `which` failed     at E (C:\_IS\Projects\meal-program-lib\bundle\node_modules\which\which.js:43:29)

[exec] gyp verb `which` failed     at C:\_IS\Projects\meal-program-lib\bundle\node_modules\which\which.js:54:16

[exec] gyp verb `which` failed     at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:152:21)

[exec] gyp verb `which` failed  python2 { Error: not found: python2

[exec] gyp verb `which` failed     at F (C:\_IS\Projects\meal-program-lib\bundle\node_modules\which\which.js:40:28)

[exec] gyp verb `which` failed     at E (C:\_IS\Projects\meal-program-lib\bundle\node_modules\which\which.js:43:29)

[exec] gyp verb `which` failed     at C:\_IS\Projects\meal-program-lib\bundle\node_modules\which\which.js:54:16

[exec] gyp verb `which` failed     at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:152:21)

[exec] gyp verb `which` failed   stack: 'Error: not found: python2\n    at F (C:\\_IS\\Projects\\meal-program-lib\\bundle\\node_modules\\which\\which.js:40:28)\n    at E (C:\\_IS\\Projects\\meal-program-lib\\bundle\\node_modules\\which\\which.js:43:29)\n    at C:\\_IS\\Projects\\meal-program-lib\\bundle\\node_modules\\which\\which.js:54:16\n    at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:152:21)' }

[exec] gyp verb check python checking for Python executable "python" in the PATH

[exec] gyp verb `which` failed Error: not found: python

===

3. And next on "ant" error; No idea yet where to look for this resolution:

===

[INFO] Reactor Summary:

[INFO]

[INFO] meal-program-lib-all ............................... SUCCESS [  0.299 s]

[INFO] Meal Program Library ............................... FAILURE [ 26.397 s]

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

[INFO] Total time: 27.946 s

[INFO] Finished at: 2018-03-02T17:49:28-08:00

[INFO] Final Memory: 15M/491M

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (grunt-build) on project meal-program-lib: An Ant BuildException has occured: exec returned: 1

[ERROR] around Ant part ...<exec failonerror="true" dir="C:\_IS\Projects\meal-program-lib\bundle" executable="cmd" osfamily="windows">... @ 37:110 in C:\_IS\Projects\meal-program-lib\bundle\target\antrun\build-main.xml

[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (grunt-build) on project meal-program-lib: An Ant BuildException has occured: exec returned: 1

around Ant part ...<exec failonerror="true" dir="C:\_IS\Projects\meal-program-lib\bundle" executable="cmd" osfamily="windows">... @ 37:110 in C:\_IS\Projects\meal-program-lib\bundle\target\antrun\build-main.xml

===

saga continues...

• 7. Re: Setting up IDE and Innovation Studio SDK - Maven and other versions
                      Priyankur Nishant

HI Shiva,

can you paste errors above these lines? Actual error is different than ant execption.

[INFO] meal-program-lib-all ............................... SUCCESS [  0.299 s]

[INFO] Meal Program Library ............................... FAILURE [ 26.397 s]

Hopefully it might be complaining about sdk path, just a guess.

Thanks,

Priyankur

• 8. Re: Setting up IDE and Innovation Studio SDK - Maven and other versions
                        Laurent Matheo

Hi Shiva Mallinar, I would recommend to use the exact same version we describe in the dev guide. I see you are using a newer version of nodeJs and we use 6.11.2.

We do not require python but I saw this behavior before when we couldn't retrieve a specific package (node-sass or something). What I think is that you should use nodeJs 6.11.2 and try again, I think it will solve this issue.

The other versions are not the same as well (maven, yarn etc...) but I think it "should" be ok.

What I would do is:

• Install nodeJs 6.11.2,
                        • Redeploy the SDK,
                        • Remove the "/node_modules/" folder from "/bundle/",
                        • Rebuild the meal library,

I don't think changing the "maven-bundle-plugin.version" is necessary, we ask for maven 3.5.2 and use plugin version 2.5.0:

<maven-bundle-plugin.version>2.5.0</maven-bundle-plugin.version>

• 9. Re: Setting up IDE and Innovation Studio SDK - Maven and other versions
                          Shiva Mallinar

Hi Laurent, Back to your suggestions...

1. You said install nodejs 6.11.2; I downloaded the .msi and it refused to install as I have a newer version. So I downloaded the *.zip x64 version and extracted it. Added the new nodejs6.11.2 path to Path and gave it precedence over the current newer version.

2. Redeployed SDK 1802 and set the Path.

3. You said to "Remove the "/node_modules/" folder from "/bundle/""; This time as I am using the 1802 sample project, the old 17.11.1 sample project's node_modules folder will not be used, correct? Either way I deleted it;

4. Did a rebuild and it seems to work; The message is different from the BMC docs though;

===

[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS

[INFO] Total time: 18.710 s

[INFO] Finished at: 2018-03-20T14:14:40-07:00

[INFO] Final Memory: 10M/491M

===

5. I did not see this section as below after the build;Is this behavior correct?

===

[INFO] Reactor Summary:

[INFO]

[INFO] meal-program-lib-all .............................. SUCCESS [ 0.251 s]

[INFO] Meal Program Library .............................. SUCCESS [ 30.665 s]

[INFO] meal-program-lib-package .......................... SUCCESS [ 1.242 s]

===

6. And I did not see a folder called "node_modules" under the 1802 sample project folder; Is this behavior correct?

• 10. Re: Setting up IDE and Innovation Studio SDK - Maven and other versions
                            Laurent Matheo

1-2: Ok, you can use "nvm" to manager several nodeJs versions but this seems to work as well and nvm can have issues depending if it doesn't have enough permissions.

3: Correct. If you are trying to build sample code from 18-2 it will not look for 17-11 project.

4-5-6: Which project did you try to build? If you tried to build task manager lib for example you should have several lines indeed, but you need to go in each example. For example to build "task manager lib" you need to go in (for example for me):

"C:\sdk\com.bmc.arsys.rx.sdk-18.2.0\sample\taskmanager-lib\" and type

mvn clean install

• 11. Re: Setting up IDE and Innovation Studio SDK - Maven and other versions
                              Shiva Mallinar

Laurent: Thanks for the prompt response and guidance. Did a cleanup of nodejs 8x and installed nvm and node 6.11.2; And finally got to this stage!

===

Apache Maven 3.5.2 (138edd61fd100ec658bfa2d307c43b76940a5d7d; 2017-10-18T00:58:13-07:00)

Maven home: C:\Program Files\apache-maven-3.5.2\bin\..

Java version: 1.8.0_162, vendor: Oracle Corporation

Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_162\jre

Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252

OS name: "windows 10", version: "10.0", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

[INFO] Reactor Summary:

[INFO]

[INFO] meal-program-lib-all ............................... SUCCESS [  0.341 s]

[INFO] Meal Program Library ............................... SUCCESS [01:40 min]

[INFO] meal-program-lib-package ........................... SUCCESS [  6.292 s]

[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS

[INFO] Total time: 01:50 min

[INFO] Finished at: 2018-03-20T19:45:54-07:00

[INFO] Final Memory: 39M/491M

===

My developer sandbox did not get upgraded last weekend from 17.11.1 to 1802, so BMC folks are looking into that. Once thats ready, will move on to next step!

• 12. Re: Setting up IDE and Innovation Studio SDK - Maven and other versions
                                Shiva Mallinar

Hi Laurent, As I am using Eclipse IDE = Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2), attached is the response I see after opening the sample lunch tutorial pom.xml.

Eclipse seems to identify some errors and is suggesting some options, see attached picture.

1. Can you suggest if its OK to take this option to resolve the issue?

2. If I change the "Group Id" from "com.example" to "com.{my-company}" based on my sandbox, and set the developer user, pwd and url in this one place in pom.xml as suggested below, will it deploy correctly to my sandbox under my company name as a custom app instead of "com.example"? The objective is to try clone the app.

===

<properties>

<!-- START: Bundle specific configuration. Verify and Change as per environment -->

<developerUserName>DEVELOPER_USER</developerUserName>

<developerPassword>DEVELOPER_PASSWORD</developerPassword>

<!-- Server name with Jetty port. -->

<webUrl>DEVELOPMENT_URL</webUrl>

<!-- END: Bundle specific configuration.-->

===

eclipse-ide1.JPGeclipse-ide-resolve1.JPG

• 13. Re: Setting up IDE and Innovation Studio SDK - Maven and other versions
                                  Laurent Matheo

Congrats! ^_^

1°) Errors:

Yes we are aware of those errors, please disregard them for now, it is "fine"

Do not resolve the issues, we use Eclipse "just" for Java coding, for the build and deployment we use directly the maven commands.

2°) App cloning:

Cloning an app might be tricky actually because you have references in a lot of places. For example not only the groupId in pom.xml but also in the Java code, javascript modules / files and the .def files that contain the objects like views, roles, processes, record definitions etc...

Tbh changing the groupId of an existing app has proved to be kinda challenging.

3°)  Deploy com.example bundle:

There should be a special case where you can deploy a com.example bundle in your sandbox, even if you have a different "developerId" set.

Else you can just overwrite the value in the pom.xml for the developerId to use your sandbox developer id, I think it's this line:

<rx-sdk.bundleDeveloperId>${project.groupId}</rx-sdk.bundleDeveloperId>

So to this for example:

<rx-sdk.bundleDeveloperId>com.mycompany</rx-sdk.bundleDeveloperId>

The bundle will still be "com.example" but we will deploy using developerId "com.mycompany". But deploying com.example bundles should work on your sandbox, I think we made a special case for this.

Let's ask Dave Sulcer

• 14. Re: Setting up IDE and Innovation Studio SDK - Maven and other versions
                                    Shiva Mallinar

Laurent: Ok and thanks for your suggestions.

Meanwhile, after the upgrade, here's some data issues:

1. In People form, I had created 5 new people. 3 were for the sample app people profile. 2 were for my alternate testing to login. I can't seem to edit these 2 people records to keep their profile but just to change their password. The only option available is "Delete" (no Edit).

2. So now after the upgrade, is it correct that only the new user "developer" is valid login to IS and the previous "user-id" is no longer valid? All the previous 5 records are showing as created by my previous "user-id" using which I can't login anymore. Only "developer" user login works with IS.

1 2 Previous Next