1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2018 12:57 PM by Bob Ellington

Need to change the Company from default to the configured for the BMC ADDM discovered Asset details in BMC ITSM

Vikram Reddy
      Share This:

Hi,

Could anyone please let me know how to change the Company from default (Calibro) to the other configured one for the BMC ADDM discovered Asset details in BMC ITSM?

Also,  Right now they have the Dataset ID as BMC ADDM,  could anyone please let me know what all tasks to be performed on this Asset details, to make them available in BMC Incident/Problem/Change modules to create tickets?

With regards,

B.Vikram.

• 1. Re: Need to change the Company from default to the configured for the BMC ADDM discovered Asset details in BMC ITSM
          Bob Ellington

You need a normalization job and a reconciliation job to move items from the ADDM data set into the "Asset" data set.  The Asset data set is what make item available to the ITSM consumers (Incident, Change...). 

As for the Company, you configure that in your ADDM Consolidator and any ADDM Appliances (the ones that perform the discovery).  By telling the ADDM Appliance to use "My Company" it will set the company for any newly discovered items.

Contact support for Discovery to ask how to configure the ADDM companies properly.

Contact support for CMDB to ask how to configure your Normalization and Reconciliation jobs.

2 of 2 people found this helpful