TO my understanding , I may able to achieve the same by :-
- Login to ITDA server
- Go to E:\BMC\TrueSight\ITDA\station\collection\custom\conf
- Update agent.properties with the a line bppm.ignore.classname=PPM_SM_EV,MC_CELL_UNALLOWED_CONNECT,NNMi_CON_EV,MOM_CON_EV
- Restart the ITDA
You are correct. This property allows you to ignore classes for which you do not want to get events from TSIM into ITDA. It should be set on the agent having the collector collecting the events.
I did the same but it did not worked , I am still getting the NNMi_CON_EV on the ITDA .
Any other way to track this that these changes are effective now (any log file or debug ) which I may enable
Please find below some additional details about blocking events from a class to be fetched by ITDA from presentation server:
· For the class to be ignored, following property needs to be set to true in agent.property file:
· Only the updated events of the class will get ignored.
Any new event of the class (even if the class is in ignored list) will still get indexed in ITDA.
· The updated events get ignored after 5 polls. Any update on the event (occurring within the first 5 polls after the agent restart) will get indexed in ITDA.
· The related log is generated at DEBUG level:
“DEBUG: Ignoring event with class name ITDA_Event and in poll number 7”
Could you please check if the updates on ignored class event are getting blocked when set the : value bppm.fetch.updated.events=true ?