2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2018 1:41 AM by Alexander Specht

BSA 8.6.01 - blcli - trying to add an external command to a BLPackage

Alexander Specht

Hi all,

I'm trying to add an external command to an empty BLPackage, but as soon as I'm providing some valid Unix command (e.g. ls), the blcli execution fails.

Empty external commands can be added without problems.

My commands

blcli_execute BlPackage createEmptyPackage tstPkg "test package" $DepotBLPackageGroupID

blcli_execute BlPackage getDBKeyByGroupAndName "/Workspace/alex_test/netstat_collector/BLPackages" "tstPkg"

blcli_storeenv BlPackageDBKey

Result: Empty Package created successfully

Add an empty external command

blcli_execute BlPackage addExternalCmdToEnd ${BlPackageDBKey} test_cmd01 "" "" Continue

Result – empty command added - shown also inside the console BLPackage

Try to add an external command “/bin/ls”

blcli_execute BlPackage addExternalCmdToEnd ${BlPackageDBKey} test_cmd02 "/bin/ls" "" Continue

Error message

Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.BlException: Unfinished property reference

No Update in the console

based on the following link - How to add an external command from a local file?

I tried to add the external command using:

blcli_execute BlPackage addExternalCmdToEnd ${BlPackageDBKey} test_cmd02 "//@/bin/ls" "" Continue

The command returns without an error, but when trying to open the package in the console I'm getting the following error message

Internal error loading package: org.xml.sax.SAXParseexception; lineNumber: 12;

columnNumber: 16; An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x2) was found in the element content of the document

When checking the bldeploy.xml file, I also see these invalid characters

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<BLPACKAGE CreatedBy="uid=<my UserId>" CreatedDate="<creation_date>" SchemaVersion="2.0">

<EXTERNALCMD ItemId="1">

<EXTERNALCMD ItemId="2">

Does someone already experienced similar behaviour ? How does the external command shall look like to be added successfully to the BLPackage.

Appreciate any answers / hints!

Many thanks