10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2020 3:27 PM by Bill Robinson

An I/O error occurred while attempting to read job data

Share This:

Hi,

When I try to import an exported BLPackage, I get the error : an I/O error occurred while attempting to read job data

Both the env are in same BSA Version - 8.7. I exported with BLAdmins role and importing with BLAdmins role. Both are two different env - UAT and Prod.

Any suggestions pls?

FYI - I checked the File system location where I exported the package. Its a local space and I have full permissions. With BLAdmins role, I have admin access in BSA as well.

• 1. Re: An I/O error occurred while attempting to read job data
          Bill Robinson

it would be helpful if you can post the entire error log or screenshot when this happens.  i'm not sure why you would get a message about reading job data when you are importing a depot object.

• 2. Re: An I/O error occurred while attempting to read job data
            Greinger Longbotton

I get this error while working from a console published on CITRIX

• 3. Re: An I/O error occurred while attempting to read job data
              German Coll

me too. But I don't get this error from a TSSA console 8.9.4.227 installed on my server locally.

• 4. Re: An I/O error occurred while attempting to read job data
                Bill Robinson

so it's citirx -> <fw/load balancer/ ?> -> appserver ?

any thing in the rcp's error log ?  anything in the appserver log when you get the error ?

• 5. Re: An I/O error occurred while attempting to read job data
                  German Coll

This is the error message on the appserver log

[19 Feb 2020 08:14:57,920] [Client-Connections-Thread-23] [ERROR] [USER@DOMAIN:BLAdmins:11.22.33.44] [Client] CID_FXFER_PUSH_FROM_CLIENT_INIT: /opt/bmc/bladelogic/NSH/tmp/APPSERVER_CM_NSH/7/\\domain\APPFILESHARE\AP-220407-0005\USER\AppData\Roaming\BladeLogic\1_2_1\Workspace1\Temporary\0fefc5f8d0316c8a603095987b328f97\BladeLogic\Depot\Produccion\Desarrollos a medida\IServidoresWindows\Creacion Server Group estatico\ListadoServidores.txt (File name too long)

[19 Feb 2020 08:14:57,920] [Client-Connections-Thread-23] [DEBUG] [USER@DOMAIN:BLAdmins:11.22.33.44] [Client] An I/O error occurred while attempting to read job data

com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.BlException: An I/O error occurred while attempting to read job data

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.shared.file.FileTransferFrame.svcPushFromClient_Init(FileTransferFrame.java:263)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.shared.file.FileTransferFrame.service(FileTransferFrame.java:85)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.processRequest(ClientWorkerThread.java:436)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.processClientRequest(ClientWorkerThread.java:327)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.handleClientRequest(ClientWorkerThread.java:217)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.execute(ClientWorkerThread.java:117)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.execute(ClientWorkerThread.java:43)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.thread.BlBlockingThread.run(BlBlockingThread.java:104)

Apparently the TSSA console opened from Citrix can process files whose name is 17 characters long or shorter. My file (ListadoServidores.txt) is 21 characters long, that is why I get this error when trying to save the modified file:

But if I shorten the file name, I can perfectly modify and save the file.

How can we increase this character limit?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: An I/O error occurred while attempting to read job data
                    Bill Robinson

i don't think the problem is the file name itself, it's the total length of the path to the file name exceeding the windows limit.

i'm a little confused about the path:

/opt/bmc/bladelogic/NSH/tmp/APPSERVER_CM_NSH/7/ -> is a temp dir on the appserver used to  keep the upload i believe.

\\domain\APPFILESHARE\AP-220407-0005\USER\

-> this is what ? the path to your user profile on your citrix server ?

AppData\Roaming\BladeLogic\1_2_1\Workspace1\Temporary

-> this should be the appdata dir for your user

\0fefc5f8d0316c8a603095987b328f97\BladeLogic\Depot\Produccion\Desarrollos a medida\IServidoresWindows\Creacion Server Group estatico\ListadoServidores.txt

-> this looks like a temp path, but i'm not sure why the depot folder path seems to be listed here.

i thought you were uploading a blpacakge that you exported.  this looks like a text file.   where do you keep the exported blpackage contents ?

• 7. Re: An I/O error occurred while attempting to read job data
                      German Coll

\\domain\APPFILESHARE\AP-220407-0005\USER\

-> this is what ? the path to your user profile on your citrix server ?

YES

\0fefc5f8d0316c8a603095987b328f97\BladeLogic\Depot\Produccion\Desarrollos a medida\IServidoresWindows\Creacion Server Group estatico\ListadoServidores.txt

-> this looks like a temp path, but i'm not sure why the depot folder path seems to be listed here.

This is the file on the TSSA console that we are trying to edit. It is a text file.

We are not working with a blpackage but a text file:

• 8. Re: An I/O error occurred while attempting to read job data
                        Bill Robinson

what are you doing when this happens ?  editing the file and trying to save it ?  opening it ?

• 9. Re: An I/O error occurred while attempting to read job data
                          German Coll

editing the file and trying to save it

• 10. Re: An I/O error occurred while attempting to read job data
                            Bill Robinson

i'm not sure if it's a path length, because i don't have a problem:

maybe the unc path is messing things up ?  i would open a ticket on this.

1 of 1 people found this helpful