9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2018 11:23 AM by Jeremy Bragg

Job failing with - Job 'xxxxx' is already running

Kartik Gaje

Hello,

We have a job scheduled at 21:00 & it was working fine until day before, where it started failing with the below error in logs.

[06 Feb 2018 21:00:21,896] [Job-Execution-2] [ERROR]  [Deploy] Job 'xxxxx' is already running

[06 Feb 2018 21:00:21,915] [Job-Execution-2] [ERROR][Deploy] The job 'xxxxx' has failed

[06 Feb 2018 21:00:22,141] [Job-Execution-2] [ERROR] [Deploy] The job 'xxxxx' has failed

[06 Feb 2018 21:00:22,443] [Job-Execution-1] [ERROR]  [Batch] Member job xxxxx failed

[06 Feb 2018 21:00:22,443] [Job-Execution-1] [ERROR]  [Batch] The job ' xxxxx' has failed

Anyone seen this before ?

• 1. Re: Job failing with - Job 'xxxxx' is already running
          Bill Robinson

Anyone seen this before ?

yes.  the job is already running.  is it actually running ?

• 2. Re: Job failing with - Job 'xxxxx' is already running
            Kartik Gaje

The 1st instance when it failed was on 5th Feb & this is what we have in the BL logs. - Didn't find any target servers for job ''XXXXXX"

• 3. Re: Job failing with - Job 'xxxxx' is already running
              Bill Robinson

ok, so the Deploy job failed on 05-FEB because the job didn't have any targets. 

and the same deploy job is not shown in 'tasks in progress' right now (meaning there is not another run happening) ?

and you run the job and get the 'job is already running' message ?

• 4. Re: Job failing with - Job 'xxxxx' is already running
                Kartik Gaje

The Job had been running fine till 5th Feb, the missing targets is something we need to find out. (why did it alert that) there is no run happening as of now. But when it was executed manually later on, it worked fine.

• 5. Re: Job failing with - Job 'xxxxx' is already running
                  Bill Robinson

But when it was executed manually later on, it worked fine.

ok, so the job is running fine now ?

• 6. Re: Job failing with - Job 'xxxxx' is already running
                    Kartik Gaje

Yes Bill. Thanks for all your help.

• 7. Re: Job failing with - Job 'xxxxx' is already running
                      Jeremy Bragg

I am having this issue right now.  We have a deploy job to install Patrol.  We started 2 builds.  The first one is working fine and the second works fine until it gets to the patrol deploy job. We get the error below.  I tried going to the source deploy job and manually executing against the target.  The job pops up in tasks in progress and immediately goes away.  There is no job log for the manual attempt.  I think tried adding the target directly to the job and executing.  Same result with no job history.  I havent tried other deploy jobs yet.  That will be my next test.

[12 Mar 2018 20:23:43,285] [Job-Execution-2] [INFO] [user:role] [Batch] __JobRun-2905370,5-6895063__ Started running member job Patrol-9.6.00.04  Install --Linux  Non-SAP -- Deploy

[12 Mar 2018 20:23:43,291] [Job-Execution-1] [ERROR] [user:role] [Deploy] Job 'Patrol-9.6.00.04  Install --Linux  Non-SAP -- Deploy' is already running

com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.BlException: Job 'Patrol-9.6.00.04  Install --Linux  Non-SAP -- Deploy' is already running

at com.bladelogic.om.deploy.model.job.DeployJobSequentialExecutor.createJobRun(DeployJobSequentialExecutor.java:109)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.job.JobExecutor.processEvent(JobExecutor.java:485)

at com.bladelogic.om.deploy.model.job.BaseDeployJobExecutor.processEvent(BaseDeployJobExecutor.java:1431)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.job.JobExecutor.processEvents(JobExecutor.java:331)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.job.execution.JobExecutionThread.execute(JobExecutionThread.java:113)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.job.execution.JobExecutionThread.execute(JobExecutionThread.java:25)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.thread.BlBlockingThread.run(BlBlockingThread.java:96)

[12 Mar 2018 20:23:43,294] [Job-Execution-9] [ERROR] [user:role] [Batch] __JobRun-2905370,5-6895063__ Job Patrol-9.6.00.04  Install --Linux  Non-SAP -- Deploy Could not be executed. Possible reasons could be:

- Incorrect authorizations.

- Job Patrol-9.6.00.04  Install --Linux  Non-SAP -- Deploy is already running.

• 8. Re: Job failing with - Job 'xxxxx' is already running
                        Bill Robinson

is this an adv deploy job or basic ?  i believe the adv deploy will not let you have multiple instances of it running.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: Job failing with - Job 'xxxxx' is already running
                          Jeremy Bragg

You nailed it Bill.  The execution of my deploy job comes by execute against a batch job that contains the deploy job.  The source deploy job was set to advanced.  When the batch job would start, the other components run just fine but would give the error if the source deploy job was already running from a different run of that batch job.

I set the deploy job back to basic and we are now able to run the batch job multiple times.